SUPin

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
jake

SUPin

Post by jake »

Sorry for the non kite related post but I don't know where else to post this. I'm looking at buying a SUP board and would like to know if anybody knows a good website or shop to purchase used SUP boards? Island Longboards seems to only have new ones. Any of you surfers out there may have noticed the guy who SUP's out at JR with a van that has a SUP logo on it with a number/website. Any idea who that may be? thanks
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

www.standupzone.com has a gear trade
Signature Block.
karmative.com

Post by karmative.com »

My buddy owns http://www.uliboards.com down in San Diego. These are kickass inflatable SUPs made from military grade materials. He sent me the new Lopez X-1. I'd be happy to meet ya somewhere and you can take it for a spin. It weighs only 17 lbs, should inflate to 15-17lbs. easy to pump, super strong and sturdy. Watch the vids on the website. Great for travel. Fits as carry-on in a plane.

Let me know and I'll hook up with you somewhere in Victoria. I'm close to Dallas rd.

Open to anyone else who is interested in a test run.

:D
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I gotta say that looks pretty darn cool!

How do they make them?
Don't forget to bring a towel!
j_dog
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by j_dog »

x2 cool idea with the board.
Keen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Keen »

FYI: there is a dood selling one of these ULIs on coastalbc. He also had a Starboard Blend that I checked out that was mint. I did not buy so he may still have. Few other SUPs listed in the surf classifieds too.
jake

Post by jake »

KARMATIVE.COM thanks! I've tried the Uli before and it's pretty easy to catch waves and rolling it up makes for a perfect travel board. A bit loose on bigger waves due to the very round/very thick edges but def something I'd like to have in my collection. Totally agree with the 15-17psi. It's very easy to think you've pumped enough only to check the gauge and notice you still have a bit to go. Would love to take you up on your offer on the next small swell day. What kind of beer do you drink?!?!

KEEN I also went and checked out that Blend. I bit too expensive for this starving student. Then again, my summer student loan comes in soon... btw what websites did you see the 'other' SUPs? thanks
Keen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Keen »

a few listed here http://coastalbc.com/ads/surf.htm. not all local and maybe some are out of date.... seems like the used market is pretty lean still. good luck.
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Try this surf board company in
Montreal http://www.imaginesurfboards.com/eng/ec ... oards.html sometimes they sell used boards. Their performance SUPs are getting outstanding reviews, plus they might even be made in Canada! I'm interested in the Enigma.
Signature Block.
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
superdave
Contributor
Contributor

Post by superdave »

I've got two used (excellent condition) Naish Nalu 11'4" epoxy wood SUPs. Retail with tax is over $2500 each, selling for $1750 each - firm. Call me to buy or try, Dave at (250) 381-1975.