Windsurfing Movie II Premieres - Port Alberni & Victoria

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

MF4 - somewhere between "Very Strong" and "Antiseptic Grade" on the % alcohol. :lol:

No way I could have eaten early this morning - in big part as I did not eat lunch/dinner yesterday as a "barbeque" was on the agenda?? But after a DQ milkshake in the afternoon, everything was good, and an hour-long hot-tub tonight cooked the rest out.

Great party, haven't had that much to drink since 1978 :oops: , which was before some of the folks there were born!! Thanks everyone - see you all at the Canoe Club for the Premier of the not shown movie :D :D
We windsurf - life must be good!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Remember Folks this is happening this coming Sunday. WMI kicks off at 630 PM and the premiere of WMII at 7:30. Hopefully we get a good turnout, it should be a good time. Thanks again to the Canoe Brew Pub for footing the bill and giving the us the premiere free of charge!!!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
Sandy Beach

WS movies at Canoe Club, Surf Sunday to break the calm

Post by Sandy Beach »

Looking forward to seeing it at the Canoe Club! Thanks, Nanmoo and Jellyfish's daughter, Laura for organizing the Victoria showing.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
MikeH

Post by MikeH »

bump
Vik

Post by Vik »

That was fun....thanks for organizing... :D
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Thanks again to everyone who came out. It was nice to see everyone again, especially after such a long wind drought. Good to see Kus back in with the regulars too. Also awesome to see the upisland Fishes, Ray and Joost and probably a few others make the trip down (OK Sandy too - even though you also sort of still live here). Noticeably absent were Shaggy, DWD and Winddoc but I heard the power was out in Sooke. We had about 50 people show, so I'll chalk this one up to a big success. Huge thanks to Laura at Canoe for making this happen.

Now lets just get rid of these doldrums so I can practive my moves I learnt from the movie!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I recieved this from Laura at Canoe,

"Hello Tony

Thank you for arranging the event on Sunday night! It was clearly a hit and I could see that most ppl in the pub were from your group :) The sales were very good as well. Otherwise it probably would have been a pretty slow night at Canoe.

I do have your DVD's no worries just let me know when you would like to come pick them up. We would be happy to put on a similar event in the future since this one was a success, thanks again.

Best Regards,

Laura
Sales & Marketing Manager
Events Manager
Canoe Brewpub Marina & Restaurant"

I forgot all my stuff there, it must have been a good night!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

yeah im bummed i missed out but it was family time sunday. besides, after i experienced the movie through the dwd epic surround sound module at www, the canoe club was bound to be a letdown. glad to hear a good time was had!
jellyfish
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by jellyfish »

Shall we plan to do that again in ? January or sooner. Maybe feature a kiting dvd and/or more WS movies. It was fun to get together :D
Post any ideas for future movie nights :lol:
shaggy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by shaggy »

Yeh, sounds like I missed some good clean fun. Family obligations are also my excuse for a no show.... oh and the power was out in Sooke. Next time.
Looking forward to gettin some soon.
Fish

Post by Fish »

Dang...sounds like we missed a great time due to being on the wrong continent at the wrong time. We would be keen on a mid winter get together if it comes together.
FISH
Vik

Post by Vik »

jellyfish wrote:Shall we plan to do that again in ? January or sooner. Maybe feature a kiting dvd and/or more WS movies. It was fun to get together :D
Post any ideas for future movie nights :lol:
I'm for sooner and it would be cool to have a kiter movie as well as WSer flick. How about end of Oct? That would be just before folks head to Baja and points south to sail.
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com