Air Canada Windsurf baggage restriction - Sign the petition

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
rkwave

Air Canada Windsurf baggage restriction - Sign the petition

Post by rkwave »

Windsurfers!
Sign this Petition!
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/aircan ... urfpolicy/

RKK
RKWAVE
Sandy Beach

Air Canada's new policy

Post by Sandy Beach »

Thanks for the notice, Randy.
Done!
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Robby and I made the mistake of taking an air canada flight as a part of our journey to Baja this year. It was from victoria to Vancouver. It turned into a very expensive one way trip for 15 minutes flight..... In excess of a $1000.00 for 2 people a dog and kitesurf equipment. Although we were "allowed" to take our boards (longest 140 cm) we were charged $150.00 for oversized baggage. Our petite Labrador was another story! We ended up having to purchase not one but two dog crates as Air canada deemed the one we had flown her in the previous year was too small, then made us send her as cargo for a mere $320. When we got to Vancouver the crate that air canada had insisted we buy was too large to be flown on Alaska airlines. Both new crates cost over $450.00. Needless to say we didn't ask the dog to make other arrangements and we will not be flying on air canada again.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

:lol: ..and I am not laughing at u, just at my similar experiences over the years flying regularly to Europe with them. The unfortunate part has always been that Lufthansa can only be taken one way, AirCrap the other....

Precisely, there are soooo many similar stories and incidents....why this firm is not broke is likely due to our government subsidizing it forever or them fleecing guys like u unreasonably.

Customer service is ZERO with this company. Oh where are the days of Wardair :? I have had pretty decent experiences with Transat (a wee bit tight sometimes :roll: ) Alaska (as long as their set screws stay in place in the rudder assembly) and Westjet (bring Clearasil for the crew). Too bad u cannot drive to Maui :(
Last edited by KUS on Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

We flew Alaska here to the big island and they are basically like a bare bones version of Westjet I found, friendly and nice, but you pay for everything, including tv and ANY checked bags. Also, you are usually flying with them out of a US airport with primarily US passengers, so everyone tends to be ruder, fatter and brings MORE whinier kids on board (why why why? leave them at home!) Air Canada just sucks the chrome off the door knob all around (as kus would say). West Jet, though their polices change depending on the ticketing agent, has been the best Airline by far in my experience.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
hitme

Windsurfing gear on Air Canada! Please sign the petition!

Post by hitme »

Imagine what a great victory this could be! :D

Ilan
hitme

Windsurfing gear on Air Canada! Please sign the petition!

Post by hitme »

Imagine what a great victory this could be! :D

Ilan
PA

Truth in advertizing

Post by PA »

Air Canada... at least they live up to their corporate motto... " We're not happy until you're not happy"
duckbill

Post by duckbill »

i flew air canada recently, only because westjet didn't have a plane scheduled when i needed it, 6am out of calgary on a monday, i had to be at work that day. At the gate they informed me i might not get on because they had overbooked the flight and they had to leave someone behind! They thought that a 200$ voucher for my trouble was ok, not! I told them to phone my supervisor and explain to him why i couldn't pick up my route for the day and then compensate me for my days pay. They let me on. With Air Canada you "book" a seat, with Westjet you " buy " your seat.
like a duck to water