Baja

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Kite Dream

Baja

Post by Kite Dream »

I will be driving down to the Baja for October & November. Anyone recommend any good kite spots/beaches and thier corresponding camp grounds? I am a beginner. I understand that the El Norte winds arrive in Mid November....any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanx.
pasta dude

Post by pasta dude »

There is only one main higway to the southern Baja. Once you cross to the Sea of Cortez (or Heaven) at Santa Rosalia then you will have beautiful beach after beach unfold before you as you drive south. Beautiful Turquios water. La Bai de Los Angles (sp?) is a good spot but I never made it. The best place for you would be to keep going to La Ventana. There is a whole campground of BC windsurfer/kiters. This is easy to find since the town is small. They had the downwind end of the beach designated as a kite beach (the opposite of the situation at Nitinat) four years ago. The wind comes up like clockwork at noon and ususally blows 3 or 4 of 5 days. You'll need that day off. The next spot that is full of windsurfers but has bigger winds is Los Borrillos (sp?). The beauty of sailing a kite is that there are many more spots that are accessible to you with a big kite. Have fun!
Kite Dream

Post by Kite Dream »

Thanx for the input. :D