Windsurf Rental...

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Steve-o

Windsurf Rental...

Post by Steve-o »

Hi everybody .....my name is Steve and I joined your site yesterday....:lol:

My wife Jasmine and I are in Montreal ( born and raised ) and we are visiting my two sisters on the Island this summer to celebrate my little sister's 40th.

24 years ago ( last time I was in BC visiting a good friend) we rented, camped and sailed at China Creek...for about 3 days and I'll never forget the miraculous wind that came up in the afternoon. You have to understand we just don't see that kind of thing out east. Mid summer we get wind when the weather sucks.

I would love to sail Nitinat.....my wife too...and was wondering if anyone would be interested in renting to us for a couple days. Hauling boards, sails, masts,booms, etc from MTL is sort of out of the question for us. I also understand that windsurfing equipment is precious and I don't know if I myself would be willing to rent to a stranger.:oops: My hopes aren't TOO high.

In 20 knots I’ll sail about 95-110 litres with a 6.0-7.0 sail and my wife a 90-100 with 4.7-5.7 sail.

But maybe someone wants to make a few bucks.....or I have a couple sails I don't need, Gun Sails , a 6.8 and a 5.3 both in good shape.

I also got an email from Dave telling me about a place called
"wild west watersports" ....which may have something...but I don't know how to contact them as yet.

If anyone can help or has ideas it would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!
sail fast...live slow
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Steve, I am sure we can fix you up for a couple of days for some sailing if you guys are not beginners, doesn't sound like it. Not many people have spare gear and to my knowledge there is no decent rental gear available around here.

The volume of the boards are usually everyone's bread and butter boards so there may not be a whole bunch around but 90 or less L should be plentiful. As for the rest of the gear should be okay for a loan :idea: Send me a private message a few days prior to when the time comes if we can cobble something together.

Windsurf247 or Sandy Beach (WWWatersports) may be the locals who could help you out as well, not sure of their gear status tho. :arrow:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Hey Kus!
Thanks so much.....we'll be sure to let you know as the time approaches.

A little history on us....we started in the 80's....had kids...stopped one day when we found ourselves on a rocky, windy,cold beach in PEI...the 3 and 1 year old waiting for hours in the car while Mom and Dad took turns on the water...
( it really isn't a great family sport!)

Kids grew up...and in 2005 went to Margarita ( El Yaque Beach ) for one week and haven't looked back since...
We don't claim to be experts ( way! far from it ) but we're both in the straps, harnesses on, ripping at high speeds, and completing SOME
of our gybes..haha....the good news is we haven't dinged a nose in quite a while!

We now have 6 boards, 10 sails, don't know how many masts, booms, and whatever else it takes....

This year we did 2 weeks again in El Yaque, like every year since except 2008 in Bonaire.....and we are headed to Cape Hatteras in May (one week clinic with Andy at ABK boardsports....great mixture of canadians and americans all in one house...).....and our favourite, Cape Cod in the fall, after the crowds are gone and the wind picks up....it's heaven!! camping at Nickerson State park in the middle of the cape....360 degrees of wind,
any direction within 20 minutes!

Who knows...maybe a couple sessions in good old Montreal in June!!.....before the summer 3 knots sets in..

To be able to top it off with those summer thermals in BC for a couple days! Awesome!

We'll give you a heads up, before we head out....and Thanks again!

Steve
sail fast...live slow
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

WWW is on the site advertising (or pm SB), they'll have the set-up for you (as I know they have some of that gear (:wink: SB))
We windsurf - life must be good!
Sandy Beach

w/s rentals

Post by Sandy Beach »

Thanks, guys. pm sent. Steve-O, we look forward to hearing from you closer to your summer windy island trip.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
Steve-o

Post by Steve-o »

Hi !
Definitely will contact you , although my time will be limited, I'm really looking forward to getting on the water !

Steve :D
sail fast...live slow