Harness opinions

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
JasonD

Harness opinions

Post by JasonD »

Hey! Time for a new harness! Mine is fairly narrow and the spreader bar rides up all the time...
Buying a new one soon so any advice on which ones are nice and wide with limited bar rising would be greatly appreciated.
Anybody use the liquid force ones that are on the Bellingham shop add that's on the BWD home page? How can BWD benefit from me purchasing from them?
Thanks
Cj

Post by Cj »

I like the OR harness I have. It has a hard flat stomach pad that the bar is attached to and keeps it from turning or getting to high. It sat better on my stomach before my belly got bigger this winter. working on that.
That shop has some good deals and no tax. I'm expecting a few things to be delivered from there myself any day now.
somebody said " go fly a kite".
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: Harness opinions

Post by bwd »

JasonD wrote:Anybody use the liquid force ones that are on the Bellingham shop add that's on the BWD home page? How can BWD benefit from me purchasing from them? Thanks
Do you mean the one on the forecasts page: http://www.kitepaddlesurf.com/

Kitepaddlesurf.com is a brand new sponsor on the site. The best way to help is to say you saw the ad on bigwavedave.ca when you visit or order anything from them (Andy).
Thanks,
Dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
BK

Post by BK »

Mystic makes a pretty bad ass harness. The spreader bar has a secondary strap that keeps it from coming up. Super comfortable too!
JasonD

Post by JasonD »

Hey Cj, what is the name and year of the OR harness you have? I am also looking into ordering online from them... I've also got my eye on the '11 liquid force harness and was hopin' that someone else uses one and gives it a review!
elevationkiteboarding

Post by elevationkiteboarding »

BK wrote:Mystic makes a pretty bad ass harness. The spreader bar has a secondary strap that keeps it from coming up. Super comfortable too!
check out the online store at www.elevationkiteboarding.com we are offering 15% off right now and free shipping all gear is in port alberni so quick shipping to victoria,we have a few mystic warrior's in stock,i guarntee you will be happy with the mystic harness's feel free to contact us if you need advice or service thanks
mark and marie
Sandy Beach

island driving

Post by Sandy Beach »

elevationkiteboarding wrote:
BK wrote:Mystic makes a pretty bad ass harness. The spreader bar has a secondary strap that keeps it from coming up. Super comfortable too!
check out the online store at www.elevationkiteboarding.com we are offering 15% off right now and free shipping all gear is in port alberni so quick shipping to victoria,we have a few mystic warrior's in stock,i guarntee you will be happy with the mystic harness's feel free to contact us if you need advice or service thanks
mark and marie
I'm driving from Port Alberni south to Victoria weekly, and may be able to assist with your shipping requirements. Let's reduce the carbon footprint, if possible.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Jason I do have a waist mystic harness if you want to try it before buying I kite often in Victoria let me know if you one to try one out ill bring it with me. What is your waist size? Im `205 lbs 36 waist size.
JasonD

Post by JasonD »

Thank you Teabag!! I know who you are (foil kiter) so I will come talk to you the next time I see you on the beach. I'm 225lbs with a 36" waist...
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Jason im mailing a kite for repair right now but will be at cook around noon. In the water if its windy and watching the show if no wind. I can lend you the harness today, u try it if windy, u keep it for a week or two if not windy. Call me @ 250-858-6978
Vik

Re: Harness opinions

Post by Vik »

bwd wrote:
JasonD wrote:Anybody use the liquid force ones that are on the Bellingham shop add that's on the BWD home page? How can BWD benefit from me purchasing from them? Thanks
Do you mean the one on the forecasts page: http://www.kitepaddlesurf.com/

Kitepaddlesurf.com is a brand new sponsor on the site. The best way to help is to say you saw the ad on bigwavedave.ca when you visit or order anything from them (Andy).
Thanks,
Dave
I bought a Mako 150 from KPS in Bellingham last week. I made sure to tell Andy that I was stoked he was sponsoring BWD. He's a nice guy and is pumped about coming up to Nitnaht this summer for some sessions.

http://thelazyrando.wordpress.com/2011/ ... -mako-150/
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
Vik

Post by Vik »

elevationkiteboarding wrote:
mark and marie
Cool! I like the online store - nice and clean setup. Looking forward to seeing you guys in a few weeks at Nitnaht... :D
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com