could this be the end of our summer westerlies?

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

~ pimp hand ~

could this be the end of our summer westerlies?

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

drizzle and calm again :(
Seabicuit

Post by Seabicuit »

Might be time to start scrapping those little spikey green things off the bottom of the ocean again PH.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

yeah, don't remind me :x back to work ... i hate this time of the year!

was goin through the archives and it looks like we might get a couple more days(gordons) if we're lucky
MF4

Post by MF4 »

SAY IT AIN'T SO !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

RAIN

Post by Guest »

Is there anybody left at Nitinat. Poor buggers. Might get some relief from the rain Fri/Sat, then its back to rain early next week too!
Dismal end to what was a good summer.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Summer....

Post by Bobson »

don't despair people :wink: .....as my memory serves me...September is usually warm, if not HOT. I'm thinking we've got at least another week or two of good sailing left in the summertime fun-bag!!! HA! :D Maybe a bit more for us Big Gear Dudes! :!:
Mudshark

Is Anyone Left At Nitinat

Post by Mudshark »

I left Nitinat Monday the 23rd. There were exactly 3 parties left in the campsite when I left. Sunday was a light wind day requiring 7.0 metre + sails with lots of holes. Monday was setting up to be even lighter.

On Saturday Vic measured 40 mm of rain between 8 a.m. and noon. I imagine that today, Tuesday, might break that precip mark.

I'm sure there are more sailable days ahead but nothing like the 10 day stretches of good sailing experienced through last Friday.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

yep ... but it looks like solid 4.7 gordon's days are numbered

should be more kiting days to come tho
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

whatever, dudes, easterlies are where it's at anyway....can't wait for those -1 degree days @ 35-45kn, ha! when boys become men and carbon is fragile :D
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....

Post by Guest »

Hey, the SE are starting to blow at Columbia Beach (was on the 12m on Saturday). Thankfully I live in Parksville and get that beach all to myself for kiting 90% of the time. Come up and check it out when the pressure gradient is right.

:D
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Hey, if you live right there in Parksville, it would be cool if you would post a notice up if it is blowin. I would really appreciate it if you would email me with a contact # because I don't like self launchin at new sites either. My email is
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!