Windfest 2011 and Ocean Rodeo 2011 Nitinat Lake Crew Event

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
johnz

Windfest 2011 and Ocean Rodeo 2011 Nitinat Lake Crew Event

Post by johnz »

As many of you will know Ocean Rodeo has been proud to be involved with Windfest for the last number of summers.

This year Mark and Marie of Elevation Kiteboarding are working hard to ensure you will all be able to enjoy Windfest again with a renewed focus on amateur competition and a drive to bring Windfest back to it's open and fun beginnings. I will let them expand on this topic more themselves as it is truly their project but am happy to say Ocean Rodeo has once again extended an offer to support the event in any way possible to help ensure it is a success again this year.

As in the past Ocean Rodeo has also announced its own Crew Event to coincide with Windfest. As many of you will know we have traditionally brought into Nitinat a collection of our most loyal riders, dealers and distributors to thank them for their hard work and to give them all a chance to ride the upcoming season's gear.

This is a heads up to our Local Crew of riders, all of you on Big Wave Dave that we would love to see your participation in our Crew Event this year and for you to have a chance to meet other OR riders who have come to visit your island.

As you know we take care of the out of town visitors with a fully catered 3 day event that not many locals will need to take advantage of. However, if you want to join us for a Saturday night BBQ and beer and if you want a limited edition 2011 Nitinat Lake Crew Event Hoody please drop me an email at . We will make the BBQ & Keg on Saturday and the Hoody available to to locals for $70 total or $25 for just the BBQ and Pints on Saturday.

Because of logistics and numbers we will not be selling extra hoodies or tickets to the dinner up at the lake - you must let me know no later than August 1st if you want in!

Here's the official Press Release!

See you all at the lake!

John Z - OR