Winter gloves

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Second session with the Mystic mitts when used with fingers in:

HORRIBLE* for windsurfing. Crampy immediately when unhooked or swell riding. OK only if fingers are left out, but what's the point if it's cold enough to need mitts?

Good for kiting (small diameter bar). Worked pretty well for me here.

DaKines win by a mile for windsurfing.

* my opinion only!
Poultry in motion
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Yeah, I usually get the fingers in, then out, then back in and have better luck not cramping with these than the palmless (thin material) Dakines. There is no contest that the Dakines are much warmer but generally i only manage 30 minutes in them before i need to rest the arms :roll:

If anyone hasn't got gloves by now guess the weekend will be a bust for ya, wooohooo :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Bring on the NE :wink: my old leaky suit will suck :shock: and my new one is too thin, hhhmmmm :roll: but those fun waves :twisted: :twisted:
morewind

Post by morewind »

I tried out the Mystics mitts for the first time last week at IV. I had high hopes that they would work as well as my ProLimit mitts. But, had really bad forearm cramping issues about 5 mins into the sail :( . Pretty disappointed. I'll try them with the fingers out, but not really what I was hoping for :x

Will have to try the Dakines some time.

and, lastly NE winds suck...just my opinion :wink:
benito

mitts

Post by benito »

It nice to pour hot water from a thermos inside the mitts once in a while...
BigDog21

Post by BigDog21 »

Hi All,

I have a pair of 3mm NRS Rogue Gloves and they worked great for me in all coditions this past Winter and I have very temperature sensitive hands. I was pleasantly surprised.

Richard
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

i noticed MEC has added palmless mitts to the catalog. and going by past experience at Mtn "out of" Equipment Co-op, july might be the best time to pick up a pair. :lol:
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

used their hotgloves palmless last winter, pretty good, no cramps but soft neoprene on the thumbs wore a hole, cheap enough tho at 20 something $
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....