Windfest 2011

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
KayakDoc

Windfest 2011

Post by KayakDoc »

Anyone have specific information for Windfest this year? Looking for dates and schedule of events.
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Are we going to see "Phil the tank" again? :P

Dates are 12th,13th,14th of August, not sure about the rest.

I think that there is some info on elevationkiteboarding website and OR as well.
KayakDoc

Post by KayakDoc »

Teabag; I am offended, I will therefore not be there although my Scottish cousin "Phil MaCrackin" :P will be there to avenge my honour.
blackdogvan

Post by blackdogvan »

Can anyone actually find a real webpage with info on 2011 Windfest? I know OR has a crew event in August at the lake but anything from WF organisers or sponsors?

Google only comes up with this carpool thread.- http://kiteboardbc.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5098
elevationkiteboarding

Post by elevationkiteboarding »

sorry there has been no info on the windfest it is because we dont have approval from the parks as of yet so we cannot move forward,the paperwork was submitted a few months ago and they have not granted us approval as of yet,so keep your fingers crossed,we will keep you posted as soon as we know more
johnz

Post by johnz »

OR will be at the lake that weekend with 2012 gear for all to demo if you wish. Very low key, have officially pulled the plug on a full on Crew Event given the toss up as to if Windfest will happen or not.

Mark has been working hard to pull it off, I have no doubt. Either way, official or not, with that many people at the lake it will be a fun weekend!

JohnZ - OR
Cj

Post by Cj »

No food or beers or babes Jonny? oooooo..ooooo oh my heart can't take this.

BYOF BYOB BYOBabes. Ok, Ok this can still work.
somebody said " go fly a kite".
elevationkiteboarding

2011 NITINAHT LAKE WINDFEST IS ON!!! WOOHOOO !!!!!!AUGUST 13 AND 14
we will be posting a schedule of events in the next few days
if you would like to be a sponser or a volunteer for this event please contact mark or marie at
Vik

Post by Vik »

Any reports from Windfest? I didn't make it this year..I'm curious :) :?:
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Wind was strong on Friday, light on Saturday, and it picked up late on Sunday from ~15h00-19h00, light wind again, I would say 15-18 kts max.

The party was great, raffle prize were also great, 2 boards, 1 x $500 off a North kite, 1 x $400 off a Flysurfer kite, trainer kite, sunglass, shirts etc...

Good times, thanks to all that made it happen and the sponsors.
Snarfer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Videos Here

Post by Snarfer »

Snarfer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Windfest 2011 Pictures

Post by Snarfer »

elevationkiteboarding

just wanted to say thanks to all the people who attended and participated in this years nitinaht windfest,even without the wind everybody seemed to have a great time,thanks for coming out and supporting your local event,we want to keep windfest going so we have already started to plan for next years windfest to insure a even better event,if you have any suggestions or comments please email us at
Ned

Post by Ned »

I know I had fun at windless-fest! Big thanks to Elevation for putting out such a huge effort and forging ahead despite the lack of weather cooperation. Absolutely looking forward to next year and glad to hear you are as well.