Port Alberni Event...??

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Port Alberni Event...??

Post by Bobson »

Hey PA folks!!

Are there any permanent buoys, floats etc that could be used for racing..?? As the wind comes from the same direction mostly something mostly across the wind or upwind/downwind etc. Maybe a finish line that is close to the shore for spectators like the tall wharf with the cam on it..?

If I start to plan now and find a weekend that works that doesn't have other events during it maybe we could talk some people into coming out. I can hopefully get some cool prizes. Just thowing out idea and pre-planning as much as possible. I know lots of people would be able to slalom, even if it's just back and forth slalom. I think a downwind finish past a wharf with lots of viewing would make the event so much better. I'm sure there will be lots of boat traffic to take into consideration but it sounds like almost anything is possible in Port Alberni.

I'll look at the depth chart for placing moveable buoys near the shore for good viewing as I'm sure this will make it easier and more popular to get this as a permanent event that people will look forward to in the summer both people sailing and watching.

BOOB BOOBSON!! :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Sandy Beach

PA

Post by Sandy Beach »

Bobson, Thanks for your positive energy, great ideas and stoke!
PM'd you.
Thanks
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction