The Future of the BWD Website Depends on You

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

This is a good reminder. I hadn't done my yearly donation either.

When I was looking at the donations for 2012 versus 2011 I would say that we are a lot behind on the donations people!

Maybe a little Pre-Summer push to get the bigwavedave.ca bank account going in the right direction.

What would you do if this site went away? Donate today!

-Mark
Give'R
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

abetanzo wrote:I've finally made a donation after about four years of checking the site for local reports. I know that almost every sailor at the Royal Vic YC uses this site on a regular basis but am unaware if there has ever been a donation from RVYC or members. I will follow up with them in order to address this lack of financial help to a resource that we all use almost daily
an old issue but you may review sponsors as well as donations on the donations page http://www.bigwavedave.ca/donate.htm and there were in fact, for the first time, some folks from RVYC donating last year which is great. It would probably be a great plan for the membership as a whole to get together like the paddling and angler groups whose annual contributions are much appreciated :!: Any user out there should be earmarking at least a 20 spot per year, no financial hardship there if you can afford to be a sailor of any type :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

TheLaw wrote:This is a good reminder. I hadn't done my yearly donation either.

When I was looking at the donations for 2012 versus 2011 I would say that we are a lot behind on the donations people!

Maybe a little Pre-Summer push to get the bigwavedave.ca bank account going in the right direction.

What would you do if this site went away? Donate today!

-Mark
No problem. I'll just go back to listening to the Environment Canada Robot on the phone and standing in the calm for hours waiting for the front to arrive.
curses - foiled again!
rocdoc

Post by rocdoc »

I know of at least one RVYC multi-millonaire who donated $10 last year.
Guess thats how he got to be a millonaire.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

rocdoc wrote:I know of at least one RVYC multi-millonaire who donated $10 last year.
Guess thats how he got to be a millonaire.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'd say that is a fairly accurate statement in just about all cases.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
GWIND

Math

Post by GWIND »

You're correct Moo, but he probably understands simple math.
What if everyone who was signed up on BWD gave only ten bucks, how much would that add up to be ?
A few people end up paying for the rest.

Just sayin
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

There s a lot of old money in this town and people who give back to the community are much richer than those millionaires!
RVYC isn't all rich folks though...I've brought the average age way down and sail one of the oldest boats in the fleet while its falling apart, so my donation is about what I can do! Most just love sailing but might have a better paycheque than others.
Maybe some windsurfer / kiters could come out to see what the racing and people are like at RVYC!?!?!
Last edited by abetanzo on Thu May 31, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ned

Post by Ned »

You can always help in other ways, like buying sweet sunglasses!
OtLunch

Post by OtLunch »

Lysanne (kiter) gives back $20 to BWD site from the first visit of anyone who books a massage after seeing her ad on the front page of the site.
www.equinoxhealthclinic.ca
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Math

Post by KUS »

Ned wrote:You can always help in other ways, like buying sweet sunglasses!
I have a few of these left in stock for pick-up in Vic/@beach, same deal 8)
GWIND wrote:What if everyone who was signed up on BWD gave only ten bucks, how much would that add up to be ?
A few people end up paying for the rest.
Just sayin
If every non-paying regular user stopped being a freeloader and gave $5 a year, we'd be able to finance everything and hire a webmaster to help BWD out, put up a few more webcams :idea:

Very much dislike freeloaders :roll:
Hey, suddenly I feel like getting a massage :D
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
kookkiller

Post by kookkiller »

Nothing like calling people freeloaders to start them donating.
Last edited by kookkiller on Thu May 31, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

As is the case most of the time on an internet forum the original spark that I was attempting to get going has been lost or at least skewed.

Lets try again...How about we try for a small pre Summer donation push to get the site's bank account moving in the right direction. If you haven't donated this year maybe today would be a great time to help out.

-Mark "kind of sorry I responded to this in the first place" Law
Give'R
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Thanks Mark and abetanzo for the reminder, I was surprised when I looked at the list how long it had been since my last donation! Now I feel all warm and fuzzy ...... :lol:
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Tsawwassen »

Done. Thanks for the reminder. As a new user I wasn't aware of the costs but this site was a great resource this winter for me on the mainland and helped me score many sessions. Not to mention the great advice, money saved on used gear and STOKE!! Thanks to all you guys that help with the site and I hope I meet a few of you in Pistol River in the next few weeks.

Cheers,

Michael from Tsawwassen
Windsurfish

Another few shillings for the cause....

Post by Windsurfish »

BWD has not only provided a missing service to all wind nuts here, but he has given us a community (as wierd as it is) that we never would have known. Thanks Dave for your Vision and perserverence. I'd for one like to thank you !!!!