Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Wingnut

Post by Wingnut »

Andrei, I'm glad that you made home to be with those that love you the most, but you were well loved by us as well and we will all miss you buddy.
My other hobby is channel surfing
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

This is sad, sad news. I'm going to miss you Bru!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

It is cold out today and quite miserable.
The gusty wind is doing nothing for me.

I wish you some sunshine through the windows where you are and with your family members present. One must remember to hug people when one has the opportunity.

Save me a meat cookie for I'll need one.
Still in your corner, Bro!! Always. Markus
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Gdawg
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Gdawg »

Thinking of Andrei and his family. Much indebted to him for all he has brought to this community over the years. Aloha.
Keen
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Keen »

Man I can't believe this news. You're in my thoughts Dood.
Sandy Beach

Post by Sandy Beach »

Andrei, Seeing you always put a smile on my face. Remembering fun times around the campfire and looking for that 'baby jack' to help the guys get back rolling on the logging road, offers a unique memory that we would often share.
This has been a long, hard journey for you with your comforting, supportive Elena by your side.
I hope knowing that you have such a special wind community to help fill your sails forever will offer you some solace and peace.
Thank-you for all that you've given us over the years. We will miss you.
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

This makes me so sad! I'll always remember derigging by van headlights with you many years ago at Cook Street when the wind came up late;p we were then both barely able to waterstart and find the straps; campfire stories at the Nat; and your unfailing good humour and helpfulness. I wish I'd shared some of the Gorge/Gold Coast trips. I hope Elena reads all these happy memories and tributes!
Morley
Winger

Andrie

Post by Winger »

So sorry to hear the news! You lived it to the fullest and did more than most guys your age. Maui is like heaven and I know you loved it there. There are many friends standing beside you right now.
Winger
Fish

Post by Fish »

Chris: Thanks for the tough task of keeping us up to date.
As evidenced by the previous posts, we all know that sailing and hanging out with RD guarantees good times.
Andrei and Elena: I hope all these kind messages find their way to you, and bring a smile to your face, as simply being in your presence always brought a smile to everyone else's.
FISH
kendra

Post by kendra »

so sorry to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers out to Andrei and his family
BA

Post by BA »

So sad to hear you are losing the battle Andrei. Your infectious smile and amazing sense of humour will be dearly missed.
Last edited by BA on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
thankgodiatepastafobreaky

Post by thankgodiatepastafobreaky »

From the first time I met you being rescued by the coast guard at Esquimalt Lagoon (I know you didn't need them) to all the windsurfing and kiting at Gordon's you have been such a good-humoured friend. Your sailing journey will continue in the next life. Dood this really hurts! It's too soon! Man we will all be thinking of you when we are sailing. All the best to you and your family.
curses - foiled again!
windsurf247

Andrei

Post by windsurf247 »

Andrei, your infectious personality and wacky sense of humour will be truly missed. You have made an immeasurable contribution not only to the BWD site, but also the entire BWD community.

I have always admired your "go for it" attitude in life and I hope it becomes an inspiration to all of us, on and off the water, as we carry your memory with us.

My thoughts are with you, Elana and your family.

Happy trails my friend :)

Rob
Snarfer
Website Donor
Website Donor

You enriched our community in so many ways

Post by Snarfer »

I celebrate your life Andrei. You were always quick to help and quick to smile. You came from far away and enriched our community so much. My thanks for letting me get to know you and I'll think of you when I jybe.
morewind

Post by morewind »

Andrei and Elena: In spite of this sad situation, I'm sure that you're much more comfortable in your home country, with family to give support. You should know that many people here are thinking a lot about Andrei, and remembering the strong spirit that he embodies. I am grateful for all the time that I spent with Andrei, the many sailing sessions, and one memorable drive to Columbia, where he told his story of moving to Canada -- that story is forever emblazoned into my memory -- he is one tough dude, and it showed in his battle against the cancer beast. I am reminded to appreciate my family, what I have, and the friends that I may take for granted.