KITE REPAIR IN VICTORIA??

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
GregK

Post by GregK »

CKR has added a telephone line for initial customer contact and discussion of repairs - dial two-five-oh 9-four-1 twenty-five - 25 and we'll answer your questions !
Comox Kite Repair ( retired )
steve-0

Kite Fix

Post by steve-0 »

I have been using Kitefix kit for the past year with 100% acuracy. I have fixed everything from canopy pin holes, Leading edge bladder punctures, large 48" rips, and even a valve or 2. Best part is.... It takes only a few minutes to fix most things and you'll be back on the water in about 20 minutes. Its not the prettiest job but it does hold up perfectly. I saw a video of someone cut a kite completely in half and repair it with this $50 kit and then proceed to not only fly it but crash it hard into the water several times without fail. Check it out.
smartang

Post by smartang »

Be careful with kitefix type repairs. Dacron tape is always handy for smaller quick fixes, and the bladder patch does work on small punctures. But there's a reason kites are stitched together and not held with drywall tape and smeared urethane. Did you know that's what the fancy kitefix method is? Or is this like finding out that Rice Krispies are made from rice.

Also, keep in mind that most kites have protective coatings, check if any water beads on your kite, this is because there's nothing for it to hold onto. Well the same goes for your kitefix glue, and with every flap of the canopy, the glue with progressively detach.

Trust me, I was all about the kitefix type of repairs until I spend months kiting in 35C weather. It'll fail. Probably mid kiteloop or on a slam a mile offshore. Kitefix is temporary at best.