Campers at Nitnat

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
otisdadog

Campers at Nitnat

Post by otisdadog »

I initially posted this in the Off Topic forum but didn't have much luck with responses. I’m looking to spend a lot of time at the lake this summer. Is there any forward arrangement that needs to be done to keep a camper at the lake for the summer or can I show up at the lake and find a spot and park the camper. What is the monthly fee for keeping a camper at the lake? Any advice would be appreciated.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

2 weeks as per Min. Forestry rules....and you have to be in attendance. To leave your rig there while nobody is using it is severely frowned upon but then....if nobody enforces things or the place isn't busy due to rains I guess it doesn't matter ....but you might be taking a spot away from someone who is actually wanting to camp there when ur not around :arrow:
However as a good option: I used to store my trailer at the village with some folks for $50/mo, saved me a couple of leafsprings I am sure :idea: Never had a problem except one window got a chip once, not sure what caused that. Maybe all that lawn mowing that goes on there threw a small rock :?:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
AC

Hey there

Post by AC »

sounds like as long as you move ever 14 days you are fine:)
otisdadog

Post by otisdadog »

From what I've seen there this summer, it doesn't seem to be a rule thats actually enforced.
Ryball

Post by Ryball »

Dudes are camped out with massive trailers taking up prime spots the entire summer...the 14 day rule seems more like a suggestion than a rule.

Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

the rule should be enforced, like Kus said, many people have a hard time finding a spot yet many sites are occupied and unused, I know it pisses me off.