Wind @ Island View

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

Wind @ Island View

Post by Guest »

I'm looking at IV and saying to myself 'Self, aren't you feelin' kinda sick?'.....I sooooo want to be sailing right now....aghh WORK!

How long until I see someone out there.....c'mon at least one of you kiter dudes must be thinking it's looking good too?!?! :roll:
JL

Post by JL »

we felt your pain...kiteing [16 meter] was great....remember stay upwind of the boat ramp in n.w. wind at island view...for best wind sail up the [cordova] channel towards cordova spit !!!! Consider launching from the north bay if the tide is out.
JL

Post by JL »

:idea: :idea: :idea: :D Looks like we might have some residual s.e. Tues Dec.2 @ Island view....dawn patrol??!!! Jim
Thermals are good.
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

jimmy lewis wrote::idea: :idea: :idea: :D Looks like we might have some residual s.e. Tues Dec.2 @ Island view....dawn patrol??!!! Jim
are you talkin' windsurfing or kiteing? .... were u werkn yesterday, thought i saw ya :|
JL

Post by JL »

\:D/ Hi W.D. How's the family?...No I wasn't out yesterday [work]..I hope to kite tomorrow, but since I don't have a 9 M kite I still drag around my 4.8 w.s. sail and tiga.....jim
Thermals are good.
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

jimmy lewis wrote:\:D/ Hi W.D. How's the family?...No I wasn't out yesterday [work]..I hope to kite tomorrow, but since I don't have a 9 M kite I still drag around my 4.8 w.s. sail and tiga.....jim
yo jim ... yup, the family is gewd.
what the hell happened to the big S.E.today? we were out there expecting to be blown off our spot, but it never happened :roll:
JL

Post by JL »

:-({|= same old thing..To southerly at island view.5 p.m. it was gusting 44 knots off active pass! I scored a great 15 minutes of wave kiting at 11:15 to 11:30 a.m...jim
Thermals are good.