Modifying Windsurfing Harness for Kitesurfing?

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
perky

Modifying Windsurfing Harness for Kitesurfing?

Post by perky »

Hi All

I am a newbie

I have the full windsurfing kite kit, and I find my dekine kitesurfing harness just rides up my torso and the bar sometimes ends up being right in my face or higher.

My question:
I have an old dekine winsurfing harness, and am contemplating getting it modified. Removing the thin straps that go under the legs and replacing them with thicker straps and some padding. I am headed to Hua Hin Thailand so with not wet/dry suit I don't want to the straps riding hard up into the crotch area.

Has anyone got any first hand knowledge or advice?

Thanks all those who,m reply

Mike

:idea:
colin

Post by colin »

you should modify the straps on your ktie harness, cut it in half and use half on one side and half on the other, sending it though the buckle dubbled up
kite+waves=!

Post by Guest »

ride unhooked cheappy!
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Bosuns Locker in Victoria(webcam sponsor) has a diaper adapter that will fit Dakine waist harnesses and turn them into a modified seat harness. It is a great soloution that totally solves the problem. Phone Paul and he can discuss price and if it will adapt to your particular harness. I know that it worked for me and a few others who had the same problem.
Its all about the adventure and stoke!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

put down the mcflurry and hit the lat machine. the harness will stay down once your upper torso is bigger than your middle.
alternatively you could try pipe insulation for padding but you might find yourself floating bum up. have a fun trip!

Post by Guest »

hhehehehehee

Thanks all

Maybe I will get the diaper adapter from Bsun Locker