Cook street Wednesday anyone?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
smokedvw

Cook street Wednesday anyone?

Post by smokedvw »

Hi,

I still havent had a chance to kite in Vic yet but I'm back for a few days with my gear before heading to Port Alberni and Nitnatt and it looks like tomorrow's forecast looks very promising.

I wanted to know if anyone is planning on going out tomorrow, that I could join and give me the lay of the spot :)

I was thinking around 4pm.

Anyways let me know,

Aaron
647-979-6261
Aboba

Post by Aboba »

If history is any indication, you will not be alone at 4pm. There will be plenty of kites out by that point, and more after.
smokedvw

Post by smokedvw »

I also have time to drive up to Gordons Beach is the quality of the spot a lot better?

It looks like the launch / riding area right on the beach and looks to be nicer from Google maps but I haven't used
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Gordons almost always has better wind (maybe not for hang time, as Cook has updraft) and from what I hear usually a better launch - which is 200 m upwind of the windsurf launch on a gravel spit at the creek mouth. Not so good on a really high tide, but neither is Cook. I believe Gordons can have a wind shadow/bubble and kite lines can get fouled by kelp here. But, I'm a rookie kiter so hopefully one of the regulars can post something. I personally would way rather windsurf Gordons than Cook, but the distance and afternoon traffic jam makes it unappealing.