Kiting for Kids 2014

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
dangerdane

Kiting for Kids 2014

Post by dangerdane »

Hey All,

I just talked to Ken from Kiting for Kids about the second annual crossing for the BC Childrens Hospital. I was wondering who from Victoria might be interested in joining. For the crossing this year they would like to have about 20 kiters. They are also looking for more boat support to support a larger group.

If you or anyone you know has a boat with a competant captain that could make the crossing from Pipers to Davis Bay and back please let them know. http://kiting.jigsy.com/contact

For more info. http://kiting.jigsy.com/
Ken

Kitingforkids

Post by Ken »

Hey Dane, Thanks for the message. Looks like we have 3-4 capable boats already...and just today went over $10,000 raised. Looking forward to it, Within the first two weeks of October
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ouch, I am rated as a Rookie....what does that mean?
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

I'd be very keen and have expressed interest on the FB page...

sign me up danger!!
Atomic-Chomik
Website Donor
Website Donor

kiting for kids

Post by Atomic-Chomik »

Ya im in.
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

I'd be stoked to join in on this.
dangerdane

Post by dangerdane »

No problem Ken. Your Rookie status has to do with your post count here on BWD.

Cool guys! Do any of you know any skippers with boats? I'm asking around but most people I know only have lake capable boats.
Ken

Georgia Strait crossing

Post by Ken »

If interested please submit your interest through the contact us section of the wwww.kitingforkids.com Web site.

thanks
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

Ken: submitted through fb as requested

Dane: I talked to a CG friend based in Gulf Islands. He said they accompanied a group out of French Creek ... must be this crew. So I assume they have been in contact with them again, natural first choice. But if not, I can forward contact info.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Don't think they accompanied us. We are over 10 kiters now and will cap at 20 unless we secure additional boat support. Last year was a little crazy when we hit Lasqueti and the wind picked up over 30 knots and the ferries stopped sailing.....but we carried on. ;-)

Thanks for the interest and help with the fundraising...and liking the facebook site and sharing our excitement.
snapper

Georgia Strait crossing

Post by snapper »

I'm in and hope to raise at least $1000 for a great cause. :D
Ken

Kitingforkids October

Post by Ken »

Good day All,

We are still on track for the first 2 weeks of October and need to ensure we have everyone's contact detail.

If interested please email and confirm your commitment with the fundraising side by gaining pledges/donations.....and letting us know for sure that you are in....we need to firm up numbers by Sept 15th to 18th the latest. We have a press release being issued then and we would like a firm kiter count...along with being able to say we raised $XXXX dollars for this years crossing.
Call me with questions 250--951-4777 or email me.

As you know 100% of the money raised goes to the Children's Hospital

Safe kiting and thanks for the interest everyone....

Cheers
Ken
BA

Post by BA »

Count me in for this amazing fundraiser. I'm stoked for the kiting challenge and chance to raise funds for such a worthy cause. May the winds gods cooperate.

Hoping the BWD community will come through as always and support this great event.

http://www.kitingforkids.com/
Atomic-Chomik
Website Donor
Website Donor

kiting f kids

Post by Atomic-Chomik »

Ya Im down as well.
Ken

kitingforkids - Georgia Strait crossing

Post by Ken »

Good day all, We are up to 17 kiters confirmed for the crossing. 3 maybe's and only a few spots left.

You need to email me your email and contact detail...and if you say you are in on BWD under your user name please let me know that when emailing.

Example: Atomic-Chomik, sorry ...I don't know your real name and whether or not you are on the email distribution.

Cheers