Clew-View Boom Mount

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
winddude

Post by winddude »

I don't use mine as much as I used to, I don't feel like spending an extra 10mins setting it up. lol
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Tsawwassen »

Just finished another video. Tried out the colour correction program Speedgrade working together with Premiere, very cool what you can achieve. I only used the presets but it still worked well. You can take your whole edited sequence from Premiere and open it in Speedgrade then once you're done your colour you can then open it back up in Premiere and keep editing if you want. You can see how it's done buy going to the Adobe link above in my first post.

Sailing with a 5.2 in 35 knots of wind was not fun! I could barely hold on to my rig but there were so many logs at the launch cause of the high tide once I got out I didn't want to risk going back until the tide went down. So I stayed out for about an hour till the tide dropped, then of course the wind tanked. The next day on the Tabou 80L with the 4.7 was much better, until the wind clocked and died. :( Wish we could get more than a hour of good wind.

[Vimeo]http://vimeo.com/114737045[/Vimeo]
rvanderbyl
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by rvanderbyl »

That was fun to watch! 8)
Why aren't YOU out there?
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

sick edit! i see you left out the big swim i read about on wtfbc?! :lol:
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Tsawwassen »

That was fun to watch! Cool
Thanks Randy glad you enjoyed it! Lots of fun making it, besides the swim.
downwind dave wrote:sick edit! i see you left out the big swim i read about on wtfbc?! :lol:
Ya the footage of me swimming for a hour was a little on the boring side. :D and the camera died by the time I'd gotten to shore so I missed the police, coast guard and paramedics. :o I did include the details in my sailing log though probably not as detailed as what you saw on wtfbc. :oops: I was able to time my de-rig self rescue technique which only took me 7 minutes. The camera was mostly under water at that point though.
Sandy Beach

storm w/surfing

Post by Sandy Beach »

Thank-you for that. It was fun to watch. :D
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: storm w/surfing

Post by Tsawwassen »

Sandy Beach wrote:Thank-you for that. It was fun to watch. :D
Thanks Sandy, glad you liked it! :D
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Thats some great footage. Love the lighted sign warning about the hi tide and storm winds at the beginning! I've just inherited a lost-and-found gopro H3 (owner not traceable after a good attempt), and hope to start using it soon. The clew mount is on the kids' wish lists.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

i saw a note on the board at cox bay:
Lost: one Gopro4 w/ suction mount. Reward!! p.s. you can keep the suction mount!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

This one came from Hoko River, Washington fishermen, no chance its the same one! Doofus had modified the standard head mount straps to fit a ballcap, no chin strap. There was a basic design flaw.....
redbaron
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by redbaron »

Last Sunday at CB I was playing around with the Gopro on the top of the mast. It looks cool for some moves like jumps and lay down jibes/360s, But one of these days I will have to try one of these clew mounts with the camera closer to the action.:P

Here theVIDEO , I slapped together. My mounting method needs work. The camera kept moving with wipeouts and hard landings. It did result in a variety of interesting angles. :D
HiyoSilver

Post by HiyoSilver »

Pretty trippy vid, dude :D
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

good stuff, made me feel all cold and wet :twisted:
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Tsawwassen »

redbaron wrote:My mounting method needs work. The camera kept moving with wipeouts and hard landings. It did result in a variety of interesting angles. :D
Cool video Jesse, I like the sky view shot at 1:30. I'd like to try that out for some B Cam footage. How did you mount it? As for my video unfortunately I made the mistake of not deleting my old footage and I only got about 20 minutes of sailing before my memory was full. I'm looking forward to my next trip to CB to film more though. That was an awesome day. :D
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

Nice forward right off the bat, Jesse! When I get past the Vulcan death grip in those conditions I need to give it a try!