Kiting on Vancouver Island?

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found

Kiting on Vancouver Island?

Post by Guest »

My boyfriend will be here from England, March 20-April 12 and would love get out kiting with someone. Parksville, Nanaimo area but we will also be in Victoria at the beginning of April. If anyone is interested please e-mail me at
Thanks
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Hi Alison- Check the site for sailing locations and wind when the time comes....if it's windy someone will be there. :P

Columbia/ Oar Road on SE wind, Piper's Lagoon on NW in Nanaimo (offshore wind!). Cook St. Dallas Rd (not good for beginners! :? ) in Victoria or Gordon's (Muir Creek) past Sooke (near Shirley) on Westerly, Island View Beach on SE, NE.

There are local favorites with folks and I am sure they wouldn't mind if you private message them using the sailing log. 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
local

location location

Post by local »

Hey Allison,What level is your boyfriend's kitesurfing expience?The different area's have different skill levels.We are all happy to help new people as long as they use common sense and follow the local rules.The sport is growing fast,and there are more and more kiters coming to the Island.I am in Victoria,i would be happy to help avoid problems,and insure the safest kiting possible,for your friend.cheers find me at the beach.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I am in Victoria,i would be happy to help avoid problems,and insure the safest kiting possible,for your friend.cheers find me at the beach
How helpful, "local"! Well chances are these posts for help are rarely reviewed anyway :?
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....