Questions about Nitnat

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Questions about Nitnat

Post by Bobson »

I have a couple of question about Nitnat if there is anyone still left here working until the weekend. As this will be my first trip up there....

1. What are the rules for the campground and where you park and pitch a tent/payments...??

2. Are there any Logging trucks on the roads Sat early in the AM..??

3. How easy/far is it to drive to the village and get food/supplies..??

4. How easy will it be to find driving up for the first time....directions/signs on the road..??

I really appreciate any help/info anyone can pass my way.
:wink:
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

yo bobson,

haven't been up for a couple years, but here's what i can tell you ...

rulz for camping are basically 1st come 1st serve, if you're lucky you will get one of the few sites that has it's own table/firepit/parking. if not, find parking where ever you can (it can get a little tight), the beach is where most tents end up just because you can find flat softer ground suitable for tents. not sure about payment ussually someone will find you and ask for $$, but from what i understand it might still be free this year, but i could be wrong. normally there will be no logging trucks on weekends, so you should be fine with that. since i havn't been up there in a couple, and i know they've made changes to the road, i can't advise you on that , but if you're unsure just wait for another windsurfer to pass you and then follow them (if you can handle eating there dust). the village store is real close... you could drive, but most ride bikes or walk there (15 min walk maybe?)

hope this helps ya ... someone else might have some more info on the road directions to add

have phun!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Bobson »

Reply to : wind_dummy

thanx wind_dummy, or was it ISERF ..?? I appreciate all the info, should be a blast!
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

yup, formerly iserf ...

now i'm a wind_dummy :)
kitermike

Post by kitermike »

hey