Kiting tomorrow in town, Willows beach?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
smokedvw

Kiting tomorrow in town, Willows beach?

Post by smokedvw »

I was hoping to go kiting tomorrow at Willows beach... It looked like a nice SE on the forecast yesterday for the morning afternoon but it looks like the forecast might have changed to only the morning.

I have never kited there but would like to check it out if anyone has been and would like to join to explain the lay of the land that would be awesome.

Aaron

pm me and ill send you my number if you are interested
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

You will be lucky to get anything at Willows in the morning. The tide is not too bad though; ive watched some very sketch launches there with the wind straight onshore, gusty, and close to trees at a high tide. What could possibly go wrong? More beach would tame it down, but I doubt their will be enough wind to kite regardless. Better chance of Cook working in the afternoon.
smokedvw

Post by smokedvw »

Yeah I'm thinking cook steet

If anyone's going down let me know,

Aaron
CTK

Post by CTK »

SE at 15 knots switching to west isn't that hopefully. Forecast usually needs to be a solid 20 for willows to come in.. even at that the wind there is fickle. Just watch for the storm sewer pillars at a lower tide, and powerlines/trees at hightide. All in all i love the place and have had some epic sessions there.