Laventana tips

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Laventana tips

Post by tempy »

The family is heading down there for the first time this weekend for Spring Break and I was hoping to get some tips from others.

We fly into Cabo San Lucas, and then have a fairly long drive up to LV. Google Maps says to take the 19 Coast road, but the directions from the rental house says take the 1 Toll road. Any tips on the best way to drive from CSL to LV?

We also want to stock up on some items in CSL, and are weighing up shopping at the Costco there or at the Mega store. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Stephen
rvanderbyl
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by rvanderbyl »

You will be flying into San Jose Del Cabo and taking the Mex 1. If you are shopping at the Costco that means going backwards first. Why Not just shop in one of the big grocery stores in La Paz. There is one right next to the turn off to LV (can't remember the name). They should have everything you need. Most Things are available (although at higher prices) in El Sargento just north of LV, if you forget anything.
Have fun! Hope you get some wind! 8)
Why aren't YOU out there?
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

Ahh, good catch - I was getting mixed up with the two cities. Thanks, Ray.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

and bread/bakery, fresh fruit and veggies, there are a couple of pickups or vans that come to LV a few times a week. You can get really nice picked-that-morning-from-the-mountain-ranch local produce - you'll have to ask about schedule once you get there.
bbthelooper

Post by bbthelooper »

My advice would be to go to Costco and buy the majority of the stuff that you need, then there is no need to go into La Paz and you can turn right in San Antonio going to Los Planes, when you hit the T turn left and then right to LV. Going that way it takes 2.5 hrs to get to LV from the airport. I think its 3 if you go to La Paz.
rvanderbyl
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by rvanderbyl »

Damn! Forgot about that road, You are right on the money Brad But then you should be...after all those winters you've spent down there! :roll:
Why aren't YOU out there?
goflyakite

La Ventana

Post by goflyakite »

We are heading down to La Ventana on Sunday. We always stop in Los Barrilles for groceries. It is on the way and there is a good store there.
I kitesurf.......therefore I am.
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

Cool. Are you on the Wesjet flight arriving about 1.30? Which store in Los Barriles? Oxxo, Chapitos, AN Other?
Sandy Beach

mexi supplies

Post by Sandy Beach »

Tempy, what kind of supplies? Chapitos is good for groceries and some other essentials. I suggest using the bank in Los Barilles while you are there. The Banco in LaVentana seemed to have USD, but short on pesos most days.
Have a fun family trip!
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

Beer, tequila, you know, the essentials.

Oh, and granola, some snacks. We plan to eat local as much as possible.