Kennedy lake

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
bamfieldave

Kennedy lake

Post by bamfieldave »

hey, looking for some beta on kennedy lake. anyone sail there often? what kind of forcast i should be looking for? input welcome :D
Atomic-Chomik
Website Donor
Website Donor

Kennedy Lake

Post by Atomic-Chomik »

I think the consensus is, if its windy on kennedy lake, hit the gas its windy in toffino!
bamfieldave

Post by bamfieldave »

sorry, should have been more specific i'm talking about the the area near clayqout arm (sand river road) area, not next to the highway. looks like the area may have local thermals?looking to find a spot to sail when its not windy in tofino.
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

Last weekend when it was cold and foggy and the surf was lame at wick beach I checked out the warm sandy beach in Kennedy lake provincial park. It seem do able, the wind kicked up to 15+knots thermal 50feet off the beach. Might be good on really big gear, but an hour later, the fog lifted on the coast and Long Beach was good.

I don't think beach at Clayoquot Arm is any better. [/ur]http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explor ... ennedy_lk/[/url]
bamfieldave

Post by bamfieldave »

yeah so i checked the place out on the weekend, yes you could sail there but i wouldn't. there was toilet paper and condoms all over the beach. pretty sad. :x wtf.