moving to Van isle

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
frank

moving to Van isle

Post by frank »

hi guys,

i'm now in Squamish, and starting to scope for a house on Van Isle (you guys at CB & JR , made me drool all winter!!??)

I'm wondering where to settle on the island...!!?? where's a good neighborhood to live in, between Deep Bay and Nanaimo...somewhere in that corridor...

any suggestions...??

the Island rules!!!

Re: moving to Van isle

Post by Guest »

frank wrote:hi guys,

i'm now in Squamish, and starting to scope for a house on Van Isle (you guys at CB & JR , made me drool all winter!!??)

I'm wondering where to settle on the island...!!?? where's a good neighborhood to live in, between Deep Bay and Nanaimo...somewhere in that corridor...

any suggestions...??

the Island rules!!!
hi frank

guess since you're not part of any of the clicky groups on this website, no one has responded to your post ... but i will

i say welcome to the island!

anywhere between parksville and deep bay would be a good habitat

as far as jr goes ... it's really a [once-a-year] kinda spot ... you'ld get more at columbia
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

hmmm, maybe it's just kinda tough to answer such a broad question so jumping to conclusions (especially by Mr. unidentified "guest"!!) that you are being ignored is perhaps a bit much.

How much cash have ya got? Where do ya wanna work? Doesn't this enter into the equation? There's some nice waterfront at French Beach but it stinks of herring part of the year, nice waves tho and also not far from ferry and summer sailing at Pipers...There's a nice Mennonite community in Black Creek.....It rains more in Courtenay than it does in Comox but it's closer to skiing....Used cars sell better further north... :lol:
Last edited by KUS on Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
frank

Post by frank »

Hey Kus,

Thanks for those feedbacks, and good tip on French Beach(unfortunately i'm french!!??)...I'm actually looking at some waterfront set up (got enough equity here in Squamish, so it's time to cash in!!?) and i'm working from home...my wife will teach the french program either in Nanaimo or Comox, but i"m afraid to end up in a "nearly dead/retired" neighborhood...having a young family that counts...

so I will check out French Beach & Black Creek over the week-end, i'm heading to the Island friday am...hope we get a breeze as well...

See ya on the water,

Frank