Excel excels! Support your local stores!

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Excel excels! Support your local stores!

Post by more force 4 »

If you read my Nitinat post from weekend before last, you know I broke my larger booms there 10 days ago, and thought I would have to wait awhile to replace them. I went in to Excel with them so they could see the break, and they said "that shouldn't happen" and replaced them without me even asking! They were 6 months or so past warranty- I doubt any Internet shop would do a free replace in these circumstances. We are so lucky to have two stores in Victoria - and both give great service. Bosun's has also done some great customer service, beyond warranty, for me. So many sailboarders and kiters live where there are no physical stores for 100s of km, even in huge population centres. So make sure you buy your equipment locally and keep our local stores in business!

Now if I can just find my GPS.....
Morley
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

Right on! I couldn't agree more.

We got great shops on the mainland too.

Example 1# North Shore Ski and Sail (Brett of "Camp K-OS" fame :twisted: ) arranged to get my new board delivered to Centennial Beach at 9am on a windy Saturday morning in March! Now that's service.

Example #2: I took my 2002 Carve 121 into Airtime last fall because the deck between the straps had gotten squishy (a not totally uncommon problem for Starboard???) and they took care of the repair for free just so I remain their happy customer.
Charlie don't Surf

Post by Charlie don't Surf »

I agree we are stoked to have two good retail outlets + Fiberglass and Surf Supply for when you want to build your own and great for fast repairs. I also heard that they will be stocking tuttle boxes and booms?
Just a rumour or fact? please respond if u got the ans.