DEMOS CANCELLED

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Rob Laurin

DEMOS CANCELLED

Post by Rob Laurin »

To everyone who was going to Nitnat for Demos. They will be cancelled due to weather. Sorry. Will post new date when we get one picked.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

DEMO'S

Post by Bobson »

Thanks for the update ROB. Looking forward to the new date.
We'll keep the lake warm for you!!

ps. There will still be a STARBOARD DEMO, sorry only 4 BOBSON-boards..... Formula 156, Hypersonic 125, Carve 121, Carve 99. HA!! Races will still be held as long as there is some wind and possibly the big gear will rule!!! I have 2 SEVERNE Sails(5.5 NCX and 6.5 C2) that someone can tape together and we can race!! HA!!

Hopefully we will be having a big BBQ on the fire on Saturday night so if you'll be there bring some MEAT to BBQ!!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

love the enthusiasm Bobson dood! hope it clears soon!! :P
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Wet T-shirt contest weekend..

Post by Bobson »

Whomever cancelled the demo's this weekend was smart. The first 3 days were a bust!! Friday it was rainy and no wind, Saturday it was rainy and no wind until dark then it blew like a son of a beech all night and rained like crazy. In the morning tents were found in the water and tarps were in shreds. It was still pouring and crazy windy in the AM....that was enough of that...most things I owned were wet or ripped so I packed up and came home through the million pot hole forest!!

Okay, here's the readers digest version. Arrived Friday at Noon, Vic was just setting up and Stu, Tyler, Amy and Tamara(The Vancouver kids) were sitting having a beer and offered me one or three. As we set up our tents a squall blew through blowing tents into the trees. A few others showed up around dinner(Sharky/Skin and Voodman and Val) and some others. We ate dinner and drank(Stu's 30th Birthday) lots and played games(Good games Amy) around the fire all night. Lot's of fun had by all.

Saturday was almost nice(still cloudy) in the morning but wasn't raining. Gentle outflow and things looking promising. Some others arrived(Big D, Rebecca, 2 dogs, lots of Westfalia's, Penguin and family, Lud and a bunch of chainsaws. Nothing but gentle outflow all day so I hitched a ride from two super hot dudettes in a canoe and set out two marks one just below the boat ramp out about 50 meters made of two water bottles and one directly opposite just below the log drop out about 50 meters made of a red/white styrofoam buoy. It started raining just after dinner and blew and rained all night, many of us played games again under the tarps while trying to stay dry after going for a quick dip just before dinner. Mental note for all out of towners. Don't bet the guy sitting in shorts and a t-shirt that he cannot gear down and swim out to a dead floating moose about 100 meters off shore and bring it back as he just might and you'll have to cook him dinner and give him drinks all night.....or worse you might have to swim out and save him....HA!! That'll teach ya!! I got up 3 times to fix the tarp and didn't get much sleep...awoke and found tents and tarps everywhere and everything was wet, wet, wet!!

When it rained for the first 4 hours on Sunday, I decided that it was time to call it quits and come home. Others were still holding out some hope for Monday and Tuesday. Vic and Rick and Pat and family(thanks for brining Mya - spelling??) as it reminded me of Eleni. The Penguin family, Shark-Skin and a the chainsaw gang!!

Sharky-Breaky and Skin tied for top spot at the wet T-shirt contest, I never actually rigged anything for sail. You can actually have too many chainsaws going at once and not enough tarps.....although we all thank you for all the wood you supplied. Seeing old friends and making new friends (that cook you dinner and give you beer)made this weekend pretty darn good even without any quality wind. I'm looking foward to a long hot summer and meeting many more people this summer as well as hanging with the friends from this weekend again.

2005 Nitinat trip #4 - good times with Friends!! :D
Last edited by Bobson on Mon May 23, 2005 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

I can imagine how excited you'll get when it actually blows Bobson. You'll have to break your posts up into chapters!

I am thinking that Wed - Thur - Fri this week might be good for Nitinat (??). Lots of sun in the forecast. I already booked off. [smilie=beer.gif]
KC7777

Nitinat on Wed/Thurs

Post by KC7777 »

Bobson,

I think your sacrifice in the rain this last weekend bodes well for mid-week. Thanks dood.

I am heading to Nitinat on the Tuesday night 10:45 pm ferry, arriving at Nitinat around 2:00 am Wed then sailing Wed. and Thurs. with Patches.

Have'nt sailed in 7 months, and am bringing 2 brand spanking new JP boards. Can't wait.

Patches wants to hook up with you Thurs. night to swap some gear...we may come home through Victoria on the 9:00 pm?
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Sheep

Post by Bobson »

Okay dude, sounds good. You're welcome for the sacrafice....your weather 4-cast sounds pretty sweet!! I'll be home all Thursday night so call when you're on your way and I might be able to have a little snack made up for you. You can get your shirts at the same time.

Have fun DOODS!!

ps. If the weather holds I'll be heading up Sat AM.
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

Can't wait! Will be there with George Tuesday am if the Ford Econoline can surf all the pot holes! Two new JP boards. Sweet! We'll look for ya.
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Wow, hats off to all those that braved that nasty weather out there at the nat, yikes, but then again that adds to the experience now dosn't it.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Demo's

Post by Bobson »

This would have been a good weekend for Demo's.......
Any idea's when this event will take place so we can plan for it...??