Nitinat Summer Racing

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

Thanks Bobson!
see you at the lake!
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Racing....

Post by Bobson »

I got the start/finish buoys up this weekend and we had some informal 2/3/4 person fun slalom racing and SS kicked our butts but it was super fun and I found improved my jibing HUGE!!! Practicing going around a mark makes you jibe every turn and try to stay fast which helps. Next time I'm up there I'll put out the upwind mark (by up past Knob point) so we can do some course racing with bigger gear and not so crazy with a bunch of people hitting the mark at the same time. The 'Racing' part makes it super fun.

Possibly a evening racing off Dallas Rd as there are some permanent marks we can use.

Next good forcast weekend we can do some more formal racing at the lake. Saturday at 1pm was crazy windy and I'm glad we postponed till 3pm and then cancelled the racing as it was possible that someone or someones gear would get messed up and no one wants that. It was tougher to organize on Sunday as the wind came in later and people, including myself) were having to pack up and head home.

I'll organize better next time and not be the 1st/2nd dude on the water and actually go around and inform people what's happening with the racing.

Thanks to Tommy V, Marc F, Dallas C, Morley D, Steve H for coming out to fun race. I think I understand better the challenges of organizing the racing and what it will take to get everyone on the same page.

Standings after 'Fun Race Weekend #1'

Tommy V - 1st
Steve H - 2nd
Bobson - tied for 3rd
MF4 - tied for 3rd
Marc F - tied for 3rd
Dallas C - tied for 3rd

Tommy kicked, Steve was oughta sight and the last 4 dudes were too close to call!!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Tied for 3rd? You are being very generous with me! Look forward to more racing, and looking over my stern at the competition at the finish not just part way through occasionally! Really really fun, and great for the jibe practice!
Cam
Website Donor
Website Donor

Nitnat Pickup Fun Races

Post by Cam »

Hi Bobson eh all......

Do you have a schedule for these fun races? Which weekends?

The current race schedule for BC looks like this.

June 12 Passage Island Long Distance English Bay
Kits Yacht Club Meno Bos 604-730-1646
Longboard recomended.

July 11 Week Zac's National & Elite Team Training session (Squamish)

July 16 & 17 Bear Creek Blowout (Harrison Lake Downwinder & Fun racing)
http://www.harrisonwindsurfing.com/newsletter.asp

July 19 - 24 N.A. Formula & IFCA Slalom Championships (Squamish)
http://www.squamishwindsurfing.org/file ... n05NOR.pdf

Sept / Oct BC Fleet Championships TBA

I'll add in the Nitnat schedule if one exists. I am sorta hoping to host the Fleet Championships on the Island this year. Perhaps the end of Aug / early Sept. Maybe we could combine something..

Cam Rawlinson
Windsurf Canada West Coast Volunteer
Starboard Steve

Post by Starboard Steve »

Hey Cam,

We are hoping on doing slalom every Saturday. Skippers meeting is at 1:00 PM at the Nitinat sign board by the day parking. Heats start at 1:30. The marks are now in place and everyone is welcome to come out.

Formula will occur on Saturday evenings and or Sunday mornings.

Speed sailing will happen whenever you can get your hands on one of the GPS's.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Nitinat Racing

Post by Bobson »

There will be racing at Nitinat on June 25/26 weekend :P . I will stay off the water :( and just organize. Slalom on Saturday mid-day-ish and some couse racing on Saturday morning or evening whenever the wind is below 20kts. Skippers meeting will be Saturday morning at 10am at the sign board by the day use parking.

Entry fee will be proof of purchase of two BWD/Racing shirts or $20 and there will be draw prizes and a prize for the winners of each division(Keeners :twisted: /Funners 8) ).

Anyone that wants to volunteer would be more than appreciated with liquid refreshments and some form of chocolate. I will take part in some fun course racing on Thurs/Fri evenings with whomever wants the practice on thier big gear whenever the wind looks good.

See ya all up there!! :D :D :D It's gonna be FUN, FUN, FUN!!
local

T-shirts

Post by local »

Hey Bobson,I will take one,large,thanks, 8) :D
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Johnny, I still have one L of Bobshirts in Vic, next time I see you dood or drop by 3516 Plymouth, 592-3392. 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....