Fast Cruising at Agate

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Fast Cruising at Agate

Post by more force 4 »

A great session at Agate with Bobson. Wind was a little light inside, but outside the kelp bed it was almost continuous powered up blasting on a small chop on 7.5, Bobson on his 9.0. Rob wanted to sail all the way to San Juan Island, but I reminded him he didn't have his passport. Wind picked up after BWD left (hanging around Russian Guy too much Dave?) NE wind is nice! Lots of stay-dry gybes (I don't think grabbing the uphaul at the end counts as a planing gybe), but some improvement there.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Fast Sailing at Agate

Post by Bobson »

:D That was soooooo much fun today. I arrived at 11am and forgot my booties, called BWD and he picked them up. Thanx dude you save my feet from what would have been pure pain!! Anyways, rigged up the Ezzy Wave 6.9m and slogged out to the kelp and back as there was probably only about 12 knots probably because the Russian dude was someone nearby...HA, HA!. So came back in and rigged the Sailworks 9.0m. Played for about 90 mins planning 1/2 the time practicing my jybes having fun. MF4 showed at Noon:30 then it picked up to about 15 - 17kts :P on the outside of the kelp and pretty much stayed that way all day. Practiced lots of jybes and not too many waterstarts as the jybes seemed to be working pretty well. I would start out planning into them and by the time the sail flip would be pretty much stalled but because of the big board no falling in. Richard M. came at about 11:30am and was trying out an 18m kite which looked like it was working pretty good. Anyways, from about 1pm till 4 MF4 and I raced and practiced jybing on the outside of the Kelp all afternoon. Fantastic flippin' tastic day!!! Sometimes it felt like I was going Mach 3 and almost went out around the Orangey Red buoy out in the middle of the strait on one tack but chickened out. Sunny and warm with perfect amout of wind for the 9.0m sail all afternoon. I couldn't have asked for better conditions. BWD, sorry you didn't make it out...you would have had a great time outside the Kelp....oh well, next time!! Hey Russian dude, where were you today..?? :?: