swapping front and back lines

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
jlaffin

swapping front and back lines

Post by jlaffin »

My front lines are way more stretched out than the back lines. Is it ok to switch them? Are all the lines the same strength in OR line sets? I can't tune the bar correctly to equalize the front and back lines anymore. Thanks.

Julian
Alex
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Alex »

It should be ok. Just watch out the kite might be really oversheeted after you switch the lines. The strength on all the lines should be the same.
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

By "oversheeted" I guess you mean overly sheeted out with the longer lines now on the rear. I thought "sheeting" had to be qualified with "in" or "out" since it can of course refer to both ?
Signature Block.
Alex
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Alex »

Sorry I mixed it up. Switching the lines will cause the rear lines to be slack. So you will probably have to make some adjustments on your pigtails.
jlaffin

Post by jlaffin »

Thanks!
wade

Post by wade »

No problem switching the lines around just make sure you rememeber that the 'tags' indicating front (f) and back (b) are now reversed. OR makes two different sets of lines with different strength ratings. The higher strength ones stretch a bit but not as much as the others.
JL

Post by JL »

I find front lines about 1-2 cm. shorter than rears works for me. Don't forget you can adjust your lines @ the kite as well as the 'pigtails' @ the chicken loop !!! Just ensure that each pair of lines are matched..You know tie em to line secured to something solid and tension to ensure they are parallel...
Thermals are good.

YOu guys are great for building the sauna""

Post by Guest »

Thank you for the great Job.
The Sauna is amazing""