Comox Valley Kiteboarders

Add photos, maps and directions to sailing spots on or off the Island.
Pete Evans

Comox Valley Kiteboarders

Post by Pete Evans »

If you wonder what's going on up here then check out:

http://www.goosespit.com

Just need our guys to use it!!

If you think it looks like this site - of course it does, I grabbed the same free software - it's not as neat but I don't know what I'm doing!

Get in touch if you come up. I've ordered an OR 21m to try to get out in thermic summer breezes, having had a passable session on a 2003 21m in 7 knots at the spit. Goose Spit really needs a good SE gale - not likely in the summer months. Other wise the guys head to Nimpkish.

See you around,

Pete
JL

Post by JL »

Great start to a N. Island site..I'm sure B.W.D. will add a link to it when he returns from vacation. Would sure like to see some Nimpkish lake photos added.ImageImageImage
Thermals are good.
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Wow, good effort.

Now I'm confused. I'm closer to Comox than Victoria (Parksville). Which site should I patronize? BWD is mostly viccies.

Do we need a mid Island site too ? Nah There's only four of us who post. Two kiters and two wind surfers ... :wink:

Do you guys get any decent NW high pressure stuff on the straight at this time of year? It seems dead between Parksville and Comox. I go to Lantzville where it kicks in thru the Winchelseas 15-20, or ocassionaly Nanaoose Bay works later in the fall ...
Signature Block.