support the duncan flowrider?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Gareth

Penquin

Post by Gareth »

Nice attitude thatkid??
Remember your attitude the next time you travel and surf another break like J-Bay.Hopefully you are really good and never have your leash snap(People might be too busy laughing too fetch your board before it gets all dinged).
Its all about the adventure and stoke!

Post by Guest »

I HAVE AN AWESOME ATTITUDE THANKS :D

i have been hit by rookie surfers who always seem to be i the wrong spot no matter how much you try to help them out. they dont have to experience, knowledge or strength of an experienced surfer.rookies should know where to and where not to be. im just simply enlightening them on where to go and where they belong. i know when i was learning where to go and where not to. now its their turn. you pay your dues and then come surf better breaks. for one thing you will never find a kook out at j-bay, pipeline, etc......... as for leashes breaking and boards being dinged........ well shit happens to all of us. :wink:

as for you penguin FUCK OFF. you dont know shit about me or my attitude from one post.

i hoppe i get to meet you one day :twisted:

as for the rest of yall-see you on the next big day

matthew
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Comes through loud and clear on the 2nd post.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

ok i tried to stay away from this abomination i created but the bad vibe and profanity is so far out of the character of BWD's site i humbly ask that we delete the whole thing, (and dont start over!) thanks!
thatkid

Post by thatkid »

sorry dave

just voicing my opinion.
Keeping the island kook free for 16 years and counting!!!
KID

Post by KID »

OK

SO YOU HAD A VOTE. IF YOU DONT LIKE ME THATS FINE. NOBODY SAID YOU HAVE TO LIKE ME. JUST DONT CALL ME A CHICKEN SHIT WHEN YOUR THE ONE HIDING BEHIND A COMPUTER AND NOT SIGNING YOUR NAME TO YOUR POST. CONFRONT ME IN PERSON THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE ME IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE WITH THE WAY I THINK. IM SURE I WILL SEE YOU AROUND ONE DAY, AND I HOPE THAT YOU WILL COME UP AND SAY SOMETHING TO ME. THEN I WILL KNOW WHO DOESN'T LIKE ME AND THINKS I SUCK.

AS FOR PENGUIN. I OWE YOU AN APPOLOGY PUBLICLY FOR TELLIN YOU TO F-OFF. I WAS OUT OF LINE CONSIDERING I DONT KNOW YOU PERSONALLY. THESE FORUMS ARE TO VOICE OPINIONS ABOUT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING AND I GUESS SOMETIMES WE ALL TAKE THINGS PERSONALLY.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Apology accepted. I surfed for years and was a semi J-Bay local, so I understand where the surfers are comming from. However, I've found that sailors tend to prefer sharing and enjoy introducing others to the sport. Probably because unlike surfing, you are doing the sport the whole time you are out there. Wheras with surfing there are only so many waves that can be ridden, therefore more surfers = less waves.

With that I quit and move on to more pleasent things.
Last edited by Gareth on Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TURTLE

Well stated DownwindDave

Post by TURTLE »

Communication in forums such as these, positivity and postive intent is the only option.

DownwindDave you nailed it! Downwinddave represents the voice of the community I belong too. Some of these post do not represent the community I belong to.

PS: Thank-you Downwinddave for the hood you gave me last fall. I am still using it. If I should stop using it I will offer it to another.

sincerely, Turtle.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Be nice

Post by bwd »

downwind dave wrote:ok i tried to stay away from this abomination i created but the bad vibe and profanity is so far out of the character of BWD's site i humbly ask that we delete the whole thing, (and dont start over!) thanks!
Wow look what happened when I step away from the computer to go sail. I was thinking of deleting the whole thing but it is sort of interesting to see some peoples attitudes. I can understand the frustration over crowded surfing, but name calling and just being mean is kind of lame (and the anonymous posts are the worst and will be deleted).

So lets try to keep this forum about the wind & weather & kiteboarding & windsurfing. This thread started out interesting then went kind of wrong.
thanks,
dave
thatkid

Post by thatkid »

hey everyone

sorry about yesterday with my attitide towards my opinion of surfing. it seems like everyone understands where im coming from but its no excuse to have such an attitude about the topic ON OR OFF THE WATER. had a bad day yesterday and the evening to cool off. APPOLIGIES TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEE YOU ALL ON THE WATER IN GOOD SPIRITS :lol:

P.S-IF ANYONE SNOWBOARDS OR SKIIS, MT WASHINGTON IS OPENING FOR TODAY THROUGHT THE WEEKEND. 2 METERS OF FRESH SNOW.

ENJOY THE WEEKEND - MATTHEW
Keeping the island kook free for 16 years and counting!!!

Post by Guest »

I was wondering what ever happened to this whole wave machine idea. Is the community still considering it, have they made any further plans or was it all just another pipe dream?
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

nah they say due to the construction costs soaring they have to downsize the project now. was it ever in the cards to begin with or just a flashy attention getter, there were a lot of logical and non arguments against it. it was an exciting thread for a while though.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

RIP duncan flowrider :D