Where to go in December - all inclusive place for a week

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Venezuela - Adicora on the Paraguana Peninsula. Small fishing village, not much else happening other than two small windsurfing outfits there 10 years ago. Wouldn't go back and I wouldn't suggest it.

Columbia Beach is the best spot in the world so far, but I have'nt been to Hawaii yet

:wink: :)
Signature Block.
SisterGoldenHairSurprise

Post by SisterGoldenHairSurprise »

I have yet to try Columbia Beach - although I did stop by Thanksgiving Monday intending to go out - everyone was gone . . . and December is likely below the 10 degree temperature limit . . .

I think the vote is for the Mayan Riviera - it's only money right? Now to download those passport forms . . .
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Isn't Marguerita off Venezuelan coast? Never been, but friends had a wonderful time there. Sailing supposed to be awesome too - trade winds magnified by thermal, moderate mornings blasting afternoons. 500 year old castles, rain forest, other stuff to do. I've checked some web sites when dreaming, looks great. Transfer at Caracas only iffy part.
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Oh yeah, I guess Venezuela means Margarita. Some friends from Vancouver went there. I might have heard something about the beach being a bit narrow or eroded but really I haven't a clue. I know the water on the mainland was mostly muddy color (lots of rivers around) but not sure off the coast. I recall the water was quite warm being so far south. The chance of political unrest may add some risk to your itinerary.
Last edited by Mattdog on Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Block.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

There is a current thread on this on rec.windsurfing http://groups.google.com/group/rec.windsurfing
I see Lois, who runs a w.surf (kiting too?) little resort says you can get direct flights from Canada, avoid the Caracas danger.

Post by guest »

Margaritta is good, flat water sailing (mostly), good winds, but lets be honest, never guaranteed anywhere. Best for windsurfing as they don't like you kiting there, if you want to kite you need to take a daily boat trip to La coche and get dinged an extra $20 US a day for the boat ride (bit of a hassle for a family trip). That said, otherwise nice place with consistent (mostly) wind. Happy trails

Cheap Accomodations on the Yucatan

Post by Guest »

Anyone know how much $$$ (cheap) dorms or a single bed is in this area around Cancun?

Thanks

??

Post by Guest »

West OZ is great
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
SisterGoldenHairSurprise

Post by SisterGoldenHairSurprise »

I would go to La Ventana myself at the drop of a hat (I believe that I would know half of the people there) . . . but I am trying to accomodate non-windsurfer/kitesboarders (not children by the way) . . . the beach looks beautiful but isn't it all a bit chilly in December?
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Guest:
On the beach in Tulum, 2 hours south of Cancun, you can rent a cabana for $15 to $20 a night.
Signature Block.
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.

Post by Guest »

One word Saipan (just south of gwam ??sp) Um I think this is thier windy season now. When I was there the guys said that they get avaerage 5.0-6.0 daily. Lots of rental places. Cheap hotels, transportation food. Plus lots of ww2 history, You can actully see the island where the the bomber took off to drop the bombs on Japan, plus lots of old tanks and guns. However airfair is more than hawaii but it shouldn't be too bad!
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

sorry that was my post just forgot to login! :roll: