Sites to add on the Latest Reports page

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

bwd
Developer
Developer

Sites to add on the Latest Reports page

Post by bwd »

Suggestions for sites to add to the Latest Reports page (copied from the message board). Here is a map of lighthouses, and island sites and south coast sites.

Mf4: Hmmm, Solander only 53 kt right now. Hey BWD, any chance of adding Solander and Sartine to the weather stations for us hurricane-force nerds? Would be cool to see a winter monthly graph of windspeeds! - Oct 21 3:01PM

Bwd: Hey Mf4 I'll add those sites to my to do list. I have a few local sites to add (Tsawwassen, Sand Heads) and some other stuff to do first. Thanks for the suggestion. - Oct 21 6:50PM

P H: Solander and Sartine are great for 'entertainment' purposes, but why not ad lighthouse reports that can actually be used ... like Scarlett and Pulteney? ... my 2 cents. - Oct 22 8:59AM
jjjim

Post by jjjim »

Sandheads sounds good to me. Between East Point, Entrance Island and the Sandheads one has a good idea of the south-east coast of Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands.
JL

Post by JL »

Good idea jjjim. Dave the '?' info. bubbles on the latest report page are great.
Thermals are good.
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

well it's really not THAT important to me ... but if you feel like adding some new stations that's great! ... if not you could always just add a 'quick link' to this page for those people up north island ... as you can see today it's going off again[as always]

PULTENEY OVC 12R- SE30EG 3FT MOD
SCARLETT OVC 6R-F E30G51 8FT RUF
PINE ISLAND OVC 4RW-F SE40EG 9FT RUF LO-MOD W BLWG SPRY

... move up there for some serious TOW :wink:
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

If tinkering with this page, what about changing the 'history' part of Smith Island to windspeed from barometric pressure? Or is the pressure history important for the slope prediciton? And Neah Bay shows wave heights/periods rather than wind speeds. Guess this is more useful to surfers and for JR than windspeed (hope using that word doesn't result in crowded breaks, sorry PH) :).

Edit, ignore the above, if you want to see the history the archive/stats page shows all this and more.

Hey PH I like that link, esp. the table format, too bad the buoys and automated stations don't come that way as an option.