where can I get used gear?

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
jlaffin

where can I get used gear?

Post by jlaffin »

Hi everyone,

I have been wanting to get into kitesurfing for the last few years. I am very experienced with flying ram air kites as I have been kite buggying for six years. I took a kitesurfing lesson on Maui (and got ripped off). Now I really want to get some gear! Where is the best place to be looking for used stuff around Victoria or Vancouver Island? Anyone have kites or boards they want to get rid of? I'm trying to get started without spending too much money, as I am a student. Also, I would love some suggestions as to what size kites are best for the wind around here. Any tips would be great! I'm 6' and about 150lbs. Thanks in advance. :D

Julian
rob

Post by rob »

check coastalbc.com. Look under free classifieds - windsurfing/kiting. There is usually lots of stuff there.
kitermark

i got gear

Post by kitermark »

best to have a 12 meter....i am same size and started with that...i have boards and kites for sale ...affordable....i got a kite....wetsuit.....board...bar and lines and harness for 1500...you wont find this anywhere else.....all in good shape....wetsuit and board is mint
call 385-2272
crabman

Boards and stuff

Post by crabman »

Hello my name is dwayne And I have a large range of used gear
and am able to show how it works. I have some really nice delta
138 by 36 twin tip for 50 % off retail prices. I also have plenty of used kites for the best deal in town.
Tel. 216-3360 :lol:
mike

used gear

Post by mike »

Hello

I have a Wipika Free Air 8.9 (same as Naish 12m) with a 4 line bar, harness, bag, pump and lines for sale. Also i have a starboard 161 picklefork board with heel strap bindings.

All gear is mint and you can take the complete setup for $600

Call if you're interested.
384-6626
cheers
Mike

Post by Guest »

Hey Julian,
If you haven't found something already....I've got a used 12m....probably let it go for pretty cheap...and I'm a kiteboarding instructor, so if you need help let me know.
Nicole
655-1854
Bruce

equipment for sale

Post by Bruce »

I have some used and nearly new equipment that would be of interest to you or anyone else looking for gear. I have a couple of kites and boards, a new PYRO dry suit, a wet suit, bars, pumps, harnesses, lines.

If your interested call Bruce
656-5241