Nitinaht Windfest 2006

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Wyattmiller

Post by Wyattmiller »

Oh ya and check out Rob Warwick and my website at
www.berkeleyboys.com for some cool new vids

Later,
Wyatt
Wyattmiller

Post by Wyattmiller »

Hey Anybody got any ideas on a name for this event?
JL

Post by JL »

Like wired 'A' !
Thermals are good.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Wired like event

Post by Bobson »

With the 50/50 forecast for Nitinat I'm not going so thought this weekend would be a good time for a beer and chat with people about the WIRED event. I think we can get some great sponsors prizes and gear and clinics and a good event to get to know people and meet new friends. A big BBQ and fairly relaxed party with some fun racing and freestyle and possibly learn some things from the pro's. I'm hoping once some pro's hear about this other will want to come as well.

I'm suggesting Saturday evening possibly starting at 6-7pm(ish) at a pub or venue with enough room for anyone who wants to come....some idea's I had were ...

Bird of Paradise
The Stickey Wicket
Monkey Tree
Christie's Carriage house
or maybe a restaurant like....
Boston Pizza type....

Anyways, reply to this thread with if you would like to attend, what day within the next week works best for you and where is best....I'll tally the responses and set something up. I'll make sure we take notes and if you cannot make this session, maybe you can make the next one. I think having another meeting within a month so we can each take some to-do's aways and see how each of us are getting along. Mostly I envision some drinking and small amounts of planning and brainstorming and getting idea's down on paper. (small print - I'll buy the first round if you're volunteering).

Please reply even if you can't make it Saturday or within the next week but you still want to be involved...even minor roles like official BBQ master..?? Whatever, just reply!!! :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

FREAK Week – FREAK = “Freestyle, Racing, Exhibits, and Kiteboarding”
I wish my TOW was longer!
TomS

Saturday - meeting

Post by TomS »

Bobson

I could meet with you Saturday evening to discuss the event, since I suggested that Wyatt come up to Nitinat. Your choice of place, I'd perfer somewhere with lots of free parking.

Tom
Every day of work takes 8 hours off your life.
Mark

CURIOUS?

Post by Mark »

WILL THERE BE A KITEBOARDING EVENT....... IF SO, I MAY BE INTERESTED IN HELPING.......OR ATTAIN SWAG FOR THE EVENT......I NEED MORE INFO.........I guess I should try to show up.......cheers Marco....
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: Wired like event

Post by bwd »

Bobson wrote:Please reply even if you can't make it Saturday or within the next week but you still want to be involved...even minor roles like official BBQ master..?? Whatever, just reply!!! :D
Hi Bobson: I'd like to help out if I can. If it's sunny tomorrow morning I might gamble on Nitinat...are you sure you don't want to hold the meeting at the lake :wink: I'm away for most of August, but if I can help out in any way then let me know. Even if its just supplying webspace for an announcement page, or helping with a poster, t-shirts or whatever. Let me know, the website could also give some $ if needed to help out with the event.
thanks
dave
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

Gotta like FREAK WEEK.
Its all about the adventure and stoke!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Don't listen to guys with freak mutant toes! On the other hand, if it was named Freak week, would Hot Sails Maui kick in some prize sails??
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Nitinat Event discussion night

Post by Bobson »

Since TOMS is the only one who is available or wants to chat about the event....JBI pub(in James Bay) or Boston Pizza(Hillside and Blanshard). Whichever is easier for you. Reply and let me know what's best.....if you don't reply I'll be at the JBI Pub at 7pm(ish).

My cell phone which I'll have with me most of the day unless I'm able to get out and sail today is 686-6140.

Just starting to get sunny....NICE!! :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I will also be available to assist, not sure with what but whatever needs doing. I know Medivixen and I were going to do some first aid/beer tasting management :D

Sorry but got a dinner family thing, can't do tonight. :?
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Medivixen

Post by Medivixen »

well i read this post a little to late. I would have been interested in meeting up tho. Maybe another date? We are still interested in helping out with this all.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Nitinat Event

Post by Bobson »

Okay folks, I've got some 'To Do' lists made up and things that need doing prior to event to ensure it's smooth and fun. I am headed down to the Gorge next weekend and will try and solicit interest down there from sponsors and sailors alike. It's WINDFEST down there next weekend so should be full O' people.

I'd like to get people here together to talk about what needs to be done and who is willing to do what. The Friday or Saturday of June 24/25th here in Victoria or Nitinat if it's sailable would be good so that gives people some time to plan to make it out to add thier input.

Tom Vandall and Vic Evans, if you're reading this I'd also like to come talk to you for your input and experience with these events.

If anyone else has any positive input or thoughts, please share them with me as the more info We have the better prepared we'll be.

Thanks and remember June 24th or 25th for the first meeting if you'd like to be involved. Everyone involved in planning and running the event will get something special as well as possibly some free beers and fun times. :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Medivixen

Post by Medivixen »

sounds good....We will plan to come if its in Vic and if you let me know a little ahead of time which day exactly that would be good so i can get outta working...June 24 and 25 is sat and sun? Did you mean 23 or 24th?