Nitinaht Windfest 2006

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

WIRED-LIKE Event

Post by Bobson »

Okay, these are some things that need to be done for the WIRED-LIKE event…..These are just a start to get some people committed…..

1. Registration table, taking registration money and handuing out registation bags, being friendly. - 2 hour shifts - 4 people needed.(Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday morning)
2. Shore personel, calling out finisher sail #'s for racing, ensuring participants know course and times of starts and where to go. - 2 hour shifts - 4 people needed.(Saturday)
3. BBQ cookers, cooking the burgers on Saturday evening. - 2 hours - 4 people needed.(Saturday evening)
4. BBQ prep. Preparing condiments, plates, etc for BBQ. - 1 hour - 3 people needed.(Saturday evening)
5. Someone with a truck/trailer to bring things like food, BBQ's, untensils, tables(maybe) and bring them back too.
6. Clean up people(everyone is now supposed to raise their hands). 3 people - 3 people in charge but hopefully everyone helping out - 1 hour tops.
7. 'Child Fun' - Fun events for children. Board paddle, Treasure hunt, face painting. - 1 hour sessions. As many as willing. Parents preferred.
8. Babysitters. Anyone that wants to offer their services to watch younger children while parents sail. Specific area.

Okay, that's a good start for now. Please contact me and let me know what you would be interested in helping out with.

Bobson.
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Medivixen

Post by Medivixen »

I will volunteer for registration table friday evening and saturday.
Meph will do the BBQ cooking Sat evening and Shore personel if needed.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

WIRED-LIKE Event

Post by Bobson »

Okay, I'm glad so many people have offered up their services!! NOT!! This event is going to happen whether you support it or not but what you will be deciding is if it ever happens again. If the financial side of this event doesn't at least break even then I'M OUT and I'm guessing with all the support that everyone has shown so far......No one else will step up to organize it!!

Please respond if you can help.
Please respond if you want to do some racing. The races will be FUN in nature, there some prizes for the racing but most of the prizes will be draw prizes so everyone has an equal chance!

The Fancy-dancy windsurfers from the Gorge, Wyatt and his band of DOOD'S still want to come but if no one is going help with this event they'll take their fancy dancy sponsor prizes and super duper windsurf flip, turn, jump, spinny things somewhere else.

GET ON THIS NOW because its 16 days till we start. That's not alot!
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

:oops: OK, I'll go for #1, registration table for a session Sat (kid in camp till 4 on Friday :cry: ), and I can flip burgers. My daughter Maeve is good for barbeque prep, child-fun, and babysitting. We'll do our part in cleanup, but maybe someone else can take the lead here.
gmac

Post by gmac »

C'mon poleskippers, help out Bobson. On the kite side, Mark Sprungman and me, Grant MacPherson, are going to put on a kite event. We're going to keep it really simple and fun, the whole idea being to get people together and ride and keep it friendly. Right now we're thinking of having some demo gear available for people to try out, and on Saturday we'll run some kind of a boarder-cross race thing, and on Sunday some sort of freestyle. Mix in some goofy hang time/ height or long jump stuff as well. You don't have to be a pro, just a bro. Entry fee will be kept down at a bare minimum, just enough to cover gas and jet ski costs etc. There will be lots of gear for prizes and draw prizes. Nitnat Lake, Aug. 11, 12 and 13, spread the word, hope to see you there!
nitinaht_brat

Nitinaht Wind Fest

Post by nitinaht_brat »

Nitinaht Wind Fest
August 11, 12 and 13, 2006

Permit and Insurance sponsored by:
Nitinaht Xtreme Adventures and
Nitinaht Visitors Centre (Store)

200 t-shirts are ordered - just waiting on sponsor digitized logos before printing / screening....

Bobsun is organizing the windsurfing competition and events
Mark and Grant are organizing the kitesurfing competition and events
Ditidaht Youth are hosting the pancake breakfast Saturday and Sunday
.....more info to follow.....

Jude
NXA / NVC
Mark

Windfest 2006

Post by Mark »

Nitinaht Wind Fest
August 11, 12 and 13, 2006

Permit and Insurance sponsored by:
Nitinaht Xtreme Adventures and
Nitinaht Visitors Centre (Store)

200 t-shirts are ordered - just waiting on sponsor digitized logos before printing / screening....

Bobsun is organizing the windsurfing competition and events
Mark and Grant are organizing the kitesurfing competition and events
Ditidaht Youth are hosting the pancake breakfast Saturday and Sunday
.....more info to follow.....

Jude
NXA / NVC
Mark

Sponsors/Volunteer Help

Post by Mark »

If we have missed anyone who would like to sponsor the event or you just want to be involved please let us know by posting on this site. One of us or maybe all of us will contact you ASAP.....Thankyou....Grant, Bobsun, Judy, Mark.

MORE INFORMATION TO FOLLOW SOON
re.sponsors / events / demos / registration
Mark

MORE INFO

Post by Mark »

HELLO EVERYONE....

NITINAHT EXTREME ADVENTURES AND THE NITINAHT INFORMATION CENTER WILL BE HOSTING A WINDSURFING AND KITEBOARDING EVENT AUGUST 11TH, 12TH AND 13TH OF AUGUST

EVENT COORDINATOR/SPONSOR IS JUDY:
CONTACT IS -

FOR WINDSURFING INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ROB ROBSUN AT

FOR INFORMATION RE. KITEBOARDING CONTACT:GRANT -
MARK -

THERE WILL BE 4 KITEBOARDING EVENTS

LONGWINDER/DISTANCE- OPEN EVENT WITH MASS START

HANGTIME EVENT - OPEN EVENT

FREESTYLE EVENT - MAX 50 COMPETITORS ORGANISED INTO HEATS

BOARDER CROSS - MAX 50 COMPETITORS ORGANISED INTO HEATS

REGISTRATION

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY STARTING BETWEEN 8:00 AND 9:00AM AT THE CAMPGROUND BY THE KITE BEACH. WE ARE ALSO WORKING TO GET ACCESS TO PRE-REGISTRATION AT THE STORE WITH VISA/MASTERCARD/INTERACT.

THE COST IS 20$ WITH A POSSIBILITY TO ENTER ALL 4 EVENTS!

EVENT T-SHIRTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR 20$ AS WELL.
WE HAVE ORDERED 200 SHIRTS...

KITEBOARDING DEMO GEAR WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM BEST AND OCEAN RODEO.... AND WE ARE WORKING TO GET AIRRUSH AND NAISH.

WE ARE ORGANIZING FOOD/BEVERAGE VENDORS TO BE AT THE CAMPGROUND.

A PANCACKE BREAKFAST WILL OCCURE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY AT THE VILLAGE.

WE HAVE MANY SPONSORS WHO DONATED PRIZES AND SWAG TO GIVE AWAY OVER THE WEEKEND..... AND ARE SIGNING ON NEW ONES EVERYDAY.

COMMITTED SPONSORS INCLUDE:

NITINAHT EXTREME ADVENTURES
NITINAHT INFORMATION CENTER
OCEAN RODEO
BEST KITEBOARDING
BOSUNS LOCKER
COWICHAN LAKE CONCRETE
EXCEL WATER SPORTS
NOZONE WEAR
STRONG KITEBOARDING
BIGWAVEDAVE
DAKINE
TRIDENT SPORTS
NORTHSHORE SKI AND BOARD SHOP.....AND MORE TO COME

WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF SIGNING ON 3 DJ'S FOR THE EVENT.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AND PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
BigD
Website Donor
Website Donor

Windsport Plug

Post by BigD »

Just got the new windsport mag. There is a plug for Vancouver Island's 'WIRED' event on page 22.
skypilot

Post by skypilot »

We just posted news on the windfest

http://www.skypilotkiteboarding.com/forum/index.php

http://www.skypilotkiteboarding.com/mod ... le&sid=214

Looks like a great event, sure wish I could be there to see it...

Can we do anything to help?

Dan Charlesworth
www.skypilotkiteboarding.com
karli

burgers and childcare

Post by karli »

Hi!

Francis will happily flip burgers on Saturday (he said I could volunteer him, really) and I ( Karli) would be happy to do some childcare... :D
AC

www.strongkiteboarding.com

Post by AC »

www.strongkiteboarding.com
we are going to help this event 100%
See you there""
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

holy crap Karli, your goin to be a busy girl, but that is an awsome offer, childcare.....Nice! As for everyone else that is kickin in to help this event, sweeeet, it is shaping up to be a blast.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Mark

WINDFEST 2006

Post by Mark »

EVERYTHING IS COMMING TOGETHER......THANKYOU EVERYONE!
ITS GOING TO BE A GREAT TIME!

GRANT, MARK. BOBSUN AND JUDY!