No Vent Plug Whooopppsss!

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Pretty good site, holy does it take long to load tho..for me anyway :roll:

Frankly I still think you incur more damage by forgetting the damn plug than by just leaving it in.....including needing to change the O-ring.
Use reflective bags on the roof and leave zipper partially open, don't bake your boards in the sun and crack the window in the vehicle, no problem. Flying, hottest day in the Gorge or Okanagan, ok, maybe but not even sure about that, baggage compartments are kept at 8000ft elevation equivalent pressure and I keep the reflective board bag on top of roof during the hot days.
Once you got water in, well, that's now a problem with expansion and delam and heating the boards up is required :lol:
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Yep, around these parts there's no need to open the vent except when the board is sitting in a hot vehicle (bad idea anyway), Even in the Gorge I usually keep my vents closed. I will equalize the pressure on the hottest days by giving the valve a quick bleed off before shutting it again before sailing. My custom board has an auto-vent. Not sure why more boards don't have this. Squashing the O-ring by constantly opening and closing the vent ironically creates a water entry issue eventually.
Poultry in motion
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

The board was baking and bubbling on the weekend, looks like there is still some water in there. Sun for the rest of the week and no wind in the forecast, so I will leave it to bake some more.
Don't forget to bring a towel!