Upwind at Nitinat PSA

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Tks Marty for the msg. PSA= Pasta Sang Alleluia . 5-10m upwind the Sauna (by the log there). Pastadude had too much to drink and started singing Alleluia in Sep 2012 (aparently it was quite the show). I wasnt there last year but I heard of the story, just didnt thought this spot was now called PSA. Good to know though.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

PSA is more of a general guideline, it stands for Please Sail Awesomely :wink:
SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy

clearly i missed out

Post by SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy »

perhaps my trip to zanzibar wasn't worth it if i missed pasta singing hallelluja...
Kevin

If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy. Be content with what you have take joy in the way things are. When you realize you have all you need, the World belongs to you.
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

I haven't been to Nitinat much this year. But I was there on Monday this week and have a couple of observations.

The first thing I noticed was that the kite storage and launch area is now from the tree stump at mid-beach west. That probably goes along with the second observation, the small number of windsurfers out on a prime , mid-summer, schools out, 4.5 - 5.0 day. The few of us who still windsurf at Nitinat probably don't need much beach I'll give you that and there were a lot of kiters enjoying their chicken loops and stuff.

But on to my third observation ... more of a rant really.

The thing that irked me was the number of kiters who were executing big jumps in the jibing area east of the stump and west of the (former) boat launch. There were three or four there all afternoon jumping right next to the beach. At the end of the day I sat drinking my IPA and eating nachos with 3 other windsurfers and all of us were dismayed that there was so much jumping activity between the boat launch and the stump, a really short section of beach were almost all of the graying, gnarled, misguided, has-been windsurfers launch from and jibe at.

Kiters. Your jumps are very beautiful and magnificent and awe inspiring and really exceptional. But, can't we windsurfers just have a little place at the beach were we can jibe without fear of attack from above?

End of rant ....
I wish my TOW was longer!
Aboba

Post by Aboba »

next windsurf mod, spikes on the top of your mast.