Ocean Rodeo Only

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Generic

Post by Generic »

nobody knows me wrote:
Timmy wrote:How come Ross and Tyler are the only ones to use their real names here?
because i want my message to speak for itself.

and because only tyler and ross have the balls to do so!
No name is my name, what;s my name???
How low is too low

OR crossing

Post by How low is too low »

In Tylers defence, I feel that OR is using this crossing as a promotional event and not a fund raiser. Yes they are going to raise money for the charity that is great but as a charity event it should include other kiters. Since Dan rides for OR his crew of riders are the only ones allowed to go, not very charitable.
I can't believe that OR is using the excuse of the rescue boats only have enough space for a certain number of people, sounds pretty shady. How low does one have to go to get free advertising. :cry:
mshepard

Event

Post by mshepard »

Very interesting conversation I must admit. Let's move on and organize a local event off Dallas Road in June or July, everybody welcome. Anybody interested in helping give me a shout.

Cheers, and good luck to Dan and crew.
Wade

free advertising, so what?

Post by Wade »

Those guys are doing something, it sounds cool. At least they're taking the time to make it happen - and they're helping out some kids in the process. Beats the pants off the Slingshot business model - shoot fireworks at each other and piss on bystanders. :)

Kudos to OR.

Hey, Ross, were you down in Baja in December?

Wade
BK

Post by BK »

Sounds to me like there are a few people bitter about this whole thing....If it means that much, then follow the OR kiters when they go.....What are they going to do? Take your gear away and make you swim home. And if you are still upset over this then you have obviously forgotten what the sport is all about.....FUN!!!! And no matter what happens, is it really going to matter in a hundred years? See y'all at the beach
JL

Post by JL »

:P Ross Harrington and ocean rodeo are a great bunch of ambassadors for our sport..They were among the first to kite in our area. Why anyone would want to rain on there parade is beyond me. I agree with Ross. WE should stick together, united we have a chance to maintain our access and acceptance...Jim
Thermals are good.
Dwayne

Boats

Post by Dwayne »

It is not a matter of boats i have a fleet of about thirteen boats that would be happy to join in the excursion. I Think maybe in a matter of a few years we could turn this into some sort of event. :shock: :evil: :twisted:
Kook St. Kite Kook

keeping the vibe positive

Post by Kook St. Kite Kook »

jimmy lewis wrote::P Ross Harrington and ocean rodeo are a great bunch of ambassadors for our sport..They were among the first to kite in our area. Why anyone would want to rain on there parade is beyond me. I agree with Ross. WE should stick together, united we have a chance to maintain our access and acceptance...Jim
Ditto.

Ross especially is one of the main reasons that kitesurfing in Victoria is so open - he and the other pioneers like Jan, Grant and Vin Diesel etc. were all so friendly that they set the tone for the rest of us. So, if you are going to make negative comments, please use your name so we no who's talking.

Cheers all!

Paul
Kook St. Kite Kook

Re: keeping the vibe positive

Post by Kook St. Kite Kook »

um, for those who don't know, Vin Diesel's real name is Mark Vincent. Wierd, eh. I say we call our Mark V. Vin now, since there are like 15 kiter marks.

Just my two cents...

Paul
Ross

Post by Ross »

It`s funny reading peoples comments on these forums . Especially when they won`t include their name.Sure is an evil thing to do , raising money for charity .Oh yea , we`ll get a lot of exposure, advertising out of it, heck we may even sell 1 kite because of it.( not likely).If people care that much about this, then give me a call and I`ll get you a pledge sheet or I`ll turn you on to several other charities ( that we`ll get no exposure from )that could use your help.It will require more effort than sitting and typing however. Oh and you may miss a day of kiting. I wonder how many of you would organize something like this ,as Daniel has done, without any return. I honestly know I probably wouldn`t.
Here`s some advice for people out there- there`s more to life than kiting- but if I have to tell you that then it`s probably too late. Spend some time with your family (if you have one). Do something for someone else other than yourself.It sure doesn`t say much about people when they base their existance on the brand of whatever they play with.
That`s it for me on this (all) forum. I `ve got more important things to do with my time -spend it with my daughter-help my friends. Talk minus action equalls nothing.
Daniel O'Sullivan

It is all okay...

Post by Daniel O'Sullivan »

I hope everybody enjoyed the past few windy days.

Re: charity fundraiser - I think Ross made everything clear. This is the first time I've done this and it is just about the charity.

If you still have questions, send me an email at

Thanks and hope to see you guys soon at Dallas Road.

Daniel
Airush

Post by Airush »

:( So, I'm not flying an Ocean Rodeo kite, I have every intention on contributiing as many pledges as possible. Oh yes, I will get a few! I would like to be part of this. Am I in or out?
gareth

crossing.

Post by gareth »

If someone makes the effort to organize an event, they have the right to control the event.

Hats off to Dan and OR for sponsering him.

If it was another manufacturer organizing the event, would those being excluded be so upset?

The bottom line is that the sport as a whole gets positive exsposure.

Rather than gripe about other peoples events, learn from them and organise your own.

Mabey this will be the start of more events in the area.
Guest Kiter

Post by Guest Kiter »

The first guest kiter (my real name is Lester)

I, (like Ocean Rodeo) run a business. I give frequently to charity and once a year I use my business skills and contacts to organise fund raisers. It has always boggled my mind when I put in HUGE amounts of unpaid hours, stump up wads of cash to organise a charity event someone always complains. In some ways it's nice to know it's not just me who gets grief for these things. I fly Naish kites but my next one will be an OR.

Well done lads, and try not to ruin their day, that's my last post, I need to go play with my daughter

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the replys [smilie=pimp.gif] :twisted: