Nitinaht O.S.R.

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Good Morning Wednesday July 24, 07

Great fog bank in, sunny up top, it is going to go off today folks, enjoy enjoy enjoy!
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

check out the nitinat cam - someone needs to point it back out the window.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

or at least point it toward the bed for some homemade entertainment :twisted:

gotta live up to MTM's label :oops: :P
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Thursday, July 26 07

Heavy Marine Layer in, it will take some time to burn off I think, was definately chilly in the campground this morning so ,.....ITS GOIN TO NUKE (i think anyways)
Kiteboard Chick 7501

Where to go for Long Weekend?

Post by Kiteboard Chick 7501 »

Have checked the weathernetwork.com and the forecast does not look good for Nitnat this coming Labor Day weekend. Harrison does not look much better. Nicola is an option, at least no rain til Monday predicted as of yet. The Gorge looks sunny, sunny at least til Sat... as they do not have 14 day long range. How does the Gorge work... isn't it when the weather is not so good on the Coast, it is going off in the Gorge? With all the options... none of which seeming to look that good as of yet... where would possibly be the best place to go? :? :?:
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

See http://www.wind-surf.net/cgi-shl/05-win ... orecast.pl

for Gorge forecasts. Only 3 days in advance though.

The iWindsurf advance forecast does not look promising Friday to Monday.
Last edited by mortontoemike on Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wish my TOW was longer!
Q

Post by Q »

The weather doesn't have to be "bad" on the coast necessarily in order for there to be be good wind in the gorge. Generally, however, the _temperature_ on the coast needs to be cooler than the inland temperature. (Note that this is a generalization only since other so-called "synoptic" or continental factors also determine wind in the gorge.) Sometimes, if the coast is stinking hot, for example, there's less of a "thermal push" (or pull) to whatever other factors might be contributing to air pressure gradients and summer westerly winds in the gorge on a given day. Bottom line: I haven't ruled out Nitinat or Nicola yet for myself, but if neither ended up looking good later this week, I wouldn't hesitate to go to gorge - at least based on today's forecast of the weather down there.
KC7777

Places to go

Post by KC7777 »

Hi,

I think Harrison should be fine Wed - Fri this week. Expected to be sunny in Chilliwack and iWindsurf is predicting some wind there. Though likely big board and 7.0 - 8.5 size sails. Also will be psycho boat traffic on the lake at this time. Weekend is hard to predict there at this point.
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Heh, it is cold, wet and nasty out here, yesterday would have been stellar for windsurfers, prob 3.5 sailing at least.

I went down to the beach to check on things as we had a reasonable flood this last weekend. It appears that the windsurfers have their beach back in the middle. All that cutting worked, the stumps have moved down the beach maybe 5ft, but they MOVED! All the loggs and debris for the most part have deposited themselves at the tree line or near it as well as down the beach up high. Lets hope the next HIGH flood finishes the job and the beach will be restored to its previous spacious self.

On a side note, I would like to say a big thank you (NOT) to the thiefs that ended up stealing the fire pump. It happened late October, just as we were wrapping up our stay. I undid the hoses and let the tank drain with anticipation of moving it the next day, and bang that night, pump and hose gone, !@#$!@#%!@#% bastards. Sadly this will affect next year as the station will more than likely not be set up due to no pump. :evil:

Of course this rant in no way reflects the windsurf/Kite community as nobody was out there, just had to rant a bit and vent.
UnusuallyLargeRobin
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

It's those damn RV guys! Ban them all I say, certainly anything over 22' :wink: . They're always looking for pumps and stuff to ferret away in their spacious storage compartments. Where was Kus during that time :?: , he probably posted some alibi sailing log or message to protect himself.
Me: 85kg(187lbs)
FoilBoards: Fanatic 5'0 SkyWing(75lt);
Wings:Duotone v2 Unit 4.0, 5.5m; v3 Unit 3.0
Foils:Axis HPS1050(1460cm2),PNG1150(1713cm2),HA1000(1310cm2); Rears 370,425p,Skinny365/55; Fuses: ultra, adv.crazy black; Mast:90cm 19mm Alu
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

That thing rocks :!: :twisted: forget the stock pump, the water is really justa cranking outta the new massage showerhead in my rig NOW! :P

I hear some of those 21 or less footers skimped on the holding tanks :x
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....