is this a fashion show?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
jamie

Post by jamie »

the only real function for shorts over a wetsuit or drysuit is in dingy sailing, where you really do need shorts to protect your thighs from chafe when hiking out to keep the boat flat. the standards are different between respective sports. With windsurfing or surfing, you are instantly labeled as a kook. The kiters just seem to have embraced the style that we consider retarded.
Kiterkliff

Yo Gumby

Post by Kiterkliff »

Ever seen Gumby? I heard he liked guys checking out his package. No shorts or rash gard....I got holes.....shorts & rash gaurd.....no holes....if i had the cash flow to not care then no biggie......buuuuuut i dont. Listen to your daughters :wink:
UnusuallyLargeRobin
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

It's a style thing. Don't worry like disco and hair in the late seventies, they'll look back at their pictures and wonder what the hell they were thinking.
Me: 85kg(187lbs)
FoilBoards: Fanatic 5'0 SkyWing(75lt);
Wings:Duotone v2 Unit 4.0, 5.5m; v3 Unit 3.0
Foils:Axis HPS1050(1460cm2),PNG1150(1713cm2),HA1000(1310cm2); Rears 370,425p,Skinny365/55; Fuses: ultra, adv.crazy black; Mast:90cm 19mm Alu
Kiterkliff

80's

Post by Kiterkliff »

As long as were not compared to the glowing 80's then i would have to take out a loan so I could buy new suits..
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

Maybe Speedo suits will come back into fashion and they'll be wearing those over their suits. Persoally, I'm hoping for bell-bottom wetsuits. :lol:

Post by Guest »

if it is a style thing than why do people still wind board.
wind boarding is gay [smilie=fing26.gif]
jimbob

Post by jimbob »

That's just my point - we don't do it because it's trendy, we do it bacause it's fun. Now isn't that what "wind boarding" and "flying a windbag on a string" is supposed to be all about ? [smilie=phaser-man.gif]

Post by Guest »

ya
I love it kook style

Post by I love it kook style »

I love to wear shorts over my wetsuit, and just to be naughty I wear a black G-String underneath, it makes me feel more like a man when I am flying those big beautiful coloured kite thingies.

Jealously is ok! :twisted:
saqe

shorts over wetsuits

Post by saqe »

trevorsamo wrote:shorts are used to protect your wetsuit from chafe[yes that is true,i just got sick of replacing worn out suits instead of cheaper shorts from harness strap rash and subseqent nitinat salty infections,,so there./quote]
less bean bag slap

less bean bag slap

Post by less bean bag slap »

with shorts i get that added feeling of all day protection....plus i don't want to see your camel toe and phat ass.....
Breezy da Rabbit

Post by Breezy da Rabbit »

OK, maybe the shorts cover the fat ass and camel toe action, but I don't buy that a micro-thin pair of surf shorts gives you any bean bag protection. Call it what it is: a fashion statement. I'm betting that very few guys with this style are "covering up" unsightly wetsuit holes with shorts and rashguards. Kitesurfing is a surf/snow/wakeboard inspired sport and takes its style cues from these respective sports. Nothing wrong with that, but don't make these lame excuses for why boardshorts and rashguards are worn on the outside of a wetsuit!