Holiday Huckfest!

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

Boxing Day still looks great! Today looks good for practice. I know I need it.

Kus, are you coming up to CB on Monday? I'd like your input. And we need you there to add to the entertainment with your spinny gybes and backloops!

I'm still thinking of something very informal. Something like a one hour period where everyone goes nuts.

Someone bring oysters for Kus. I have cookies. :D
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

~~~~~4j~~ wrote:Kus, are you coming up to CB on Monday? ...need you there to add to the entertainment
hope to not be the entertainment :oops: but should be good :D mmmm, FANNY BAY oysters in the shell :twisted:

EDIT: the forecast is fizzling :? too bad, may have to reschedule, we shall see 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

Let's keep an eye on the forecast. Tentative early afternoon session tomorrow. See you at the beach!
davinmacintosh

Let me know if you are heading out boxing day

Post by davinmacintosh »

Visiting from Canmore/Revelstoke, and hoping to sample the Victoria goods. John Z suggested connecting here. Would love to know if people are heading out Boxing day afternoon - and where...
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Davin, heading north is only option, but the forecast is not as good now (especially with it being light down south). If your kiting, read up on the wiki about CB conditions - earlier will be better, wider beach for launching there. But fun will be had by all regardless! I'm Hoping to work off the turkey, stuffing, and two helpings of trifle :oops:
Randy

Post by Randy »

Does 1 o'clock look like a likely time for the festivities to begin?
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

1 PM looks perfect. Let's try to start Round 1 of the festive flip-off then. Though photos may be better earlier before the rain sets in.
Randy

Post by Randy »

thnx 4j leaving soon
JL

Post by JL »

Island view should be good this afternoon ... Rig up in the field N. of the Gazebo ... I've cleared a path through the logs next to the Gazebo 8) 8) 8) Env. Can. "Haro Strait.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late this
afternoon then diminishing to 15 to 25 near midnight."
Thermals are good.
~~~~~4j~~
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

So far the wind is a bit meh. Ditto for general interest. There is still some promise for the upcoming week. See you at the beach!

Edit: turned out well this afternoon afterall. Still little chance to organize anything. Thank you for all those that have showed interest. I don't think we've reached the critical mass yet to get an event to materialize. That said there has been some amazing sailing out there the past few days.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

~~~~~4j~~ wrote:Still little chance to organize anything. Thank you for all those that have showed interest. I don't think we've reached the critical mass yet to get an event to materialize. That said there has been some amazing sailing out there the past few days.
What :?: you mean I tried to huck on every single run whenever possible for nothing? :oops: ....and a lot of those ramps were super lame til later :twisted: what a set of days :twisted: totally baked and seizing up now :x 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....