whos going to nitinat

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

"little walk is worth it when you get that extra broad reach run "
You'll find that if you are powered up with a big enough sail and a big enough fin that going upwind will be NO problem at Nitinat. In fact, you might end up doing the 'reverse walk of shame' downwind if you are overpowered! Bearing off to get speed should only be necessary when you are trying to plane when underpowered. Once your speed is up you should be able to easily plane up to windward - with just a little practice!
Jude

Post by Jude »

probably won't get a chance to post again before we head out, if you see a brown oldsmobile at the campsite thurs/fri feel free to say hello

*edit* also if you see a brown oldsmobile flipped by the side of the logging road, feel free to say hello
jamie

Post by jamie »

keep in mind boys this will probably be the last decent nitinatting until next year... im heading up tomorrow morning win or lose - i'd be kicking myself if i sat at home and missed some late season sailing. remember, shred hard and shred always!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

If I remember rightly, Nitinat can be good through September so long as its clear. Maybe not 4.5, but good still. This kind of thing will be much easier to figure out next year when we can go back a year on the session log!
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

stuff for Jude

Post by tempy »

Hi Jude

I have some older stuff - boom, sails etc that you may be interested in. I would practically "give" some of it away (and have already given some to the Nitinat youth project).

call me - 250-729-9333. i could bring something to Nitinat this weekend, but don't want to haul it in if noone will appreciate it.
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

I have to say that if you can find the room Jude, do bring your gear, you will be sorry if you don't as you will learn that people out at the lake tend to be very helpfull getting somebody on the water, especially somebody just starting or getting reunited. Most of all don't be too shy out there, that way people can help you out if you wish it. More than once I said bah, leave the gear only to really regret my decision later watchind all on the water. As for the water temp, it may be a little cooler now that some rain has entered the lake, but easily tolerable in a regular bathing suit. I don't wear and haven't worn a wet suit since late June and haven't been uncomfortable at all (even during lengthy swims :lol: )
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Jude

my rubber arm has been twisted enough!

Post by Jude »

Ok, I give in, the archaic gear will somehow be lashed onto the car...gonna have to go buy myself a roof-rack tomorrow before we go. Hopefully I can pull apart the sand-locked two-piece mast.

Hmm better get back to packing

Ps, once again I'll bring the following:
-beaten up Mistral Screamer ~100-120L (foot, fin missing)
-beaten up Mistral Competition ~250L (so the gf can sunbathe in the water)
-mast with no extension
-half a boom (front end, harness ropes included)
-"custom" Venturi sail...no size listed, I'd guess 6.0-6.5

Hoping to acquire (through donation, purchase, ...coercion...)
-additional fin
-sails sails sails
-extra mast
-2 mast extensions
-foot for mistral screamer
-extension for original boom and new boom entirely
-seat or waist harness
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

stuff

Post by tempy »

Jude

I see you are in Nanaimo as well. Come by before the weekend and see what I have - then I don't have to haul it to Nitinat. 729-933 (h)

Stephen
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

sorry - 279-9333
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

I feel like an idiot - 729-9333 - not enough sleep!
Jude

Post by Jude »

I'll try, but I'm leaving for the lake tomorrow early, I'll try to give you a call either way. If I don't get in touch, don't worry about toting a ton of stuff up there.

btw you can edit your post once it's submitted
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Weather forcast is not great - Sat 60% showers for Tofino, Sun-Mon sunny but only a 3 degree diff. between Tofino and Port Alberni. That might kill the thermal? Any ideas from the weather gurus? I'll go anyway unless its pouring, because the forecast will surely change.....
Kiterkliff

Going to Nat

Post by Kiterkliff »

I will be heading up there fri am, have truck and room. can meet in Youbou
709 0328
KC7777

Late season sailing at the Nat

Post by KC7777 »

Hey,

The weather sucks now but don't give up on Nitinat yet.

Last year I sailed Nitinat on Oct. 1 and 2/03 on a 5.7M on a Carve 99. A couple of hours of planing each day (a 6.9M would have been better). Campsite was empty and there were only 2 other sailors and 2 kiters. Weather was warm and sunny (for Oct.)

Then the first Nitinat sesh of 2004 was April 30/04 weekend.

That is only 6 months apart :)
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

I just reviewed my posts, I think April 10 was my first Nitinat session - thats 5 months or less apart, with luck?
Read Bobson's May epic weekend report again in the process
http://bigwavedave.ca/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=302
Was he ever stoked! Great to read again (he's so laid back and a wind snob now --- NOT!).