Oregon Coast BWD Wavesailing Camp 2013

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

How come Kus hasn't chimed in on this yet? Retired? Gave up? Picked up rollerblading?
Don't forget to bring a towel!
downwind dave

Post by downwind dave »

markus is more of an action guy less talk. i am sure the lone wolf will be down there sometime before, after and possibly while we are there. though not necessarily at the same beach or campsite. :wink:
i am looking forward to the adventure! [smilie=beer.gif]
Seakelp

Post by Seakelp »

Hope to see you guys at Pistol this year. It would be fun to have some of the local talent representing during the contest . Great time to go always fun conditions and lots of room to sail. See you this spring.

Dan
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

If Kus doesn't reply to this thread, I'm not going.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

The lack of local wind over the last year must have ruined people's stoke.. last years edition of the Oregon thread got way more action. Where is the up island and mainland contingent on this? What about Jellyfish? Admission is FREE folks! :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:
Windsurfish

Fishes in

Post by Windsurfish »

Although we can't do it till the end of the month, after the contest, u can be sure we'll be there. I have a half filled pizza card from the Gold Beach Pizza joint to use up. :D
jellyfish
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by jellyfish »

The end of June is out for me again this year due to work requirements. I have a long stretch off starting mid July and hope to connect up with whoever will be down there late July/August.
Hope to get some practice in this weekend if the forecast holds :lol:
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

For those interested - I Just got word that there will again be a SUP contest held in conjunction with the Pistol Contest.
KC7777

OC

Post by KC7777 »

nanmoo wrote:If Kus doesn't reply to this thread, I'm not going.
too bad you won't be there.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

:( :( :( :shock: :evil:
C36

Post by C36 »

nanmoo wrote:If Kus doesn't reply to this thread, I'm not going.
I feel exactly the same way! :D Somehow the week I did last summer was strangely 'different' without Kus' presence! :cry:
nanmoo wrote:The lack of local wind over the last year must have ruined people's stoke..
Thankfully someone turned the wind back on! 5 sessions in the last 5 days here on the mainland (nice to meet Oz briefly at Acadia on Monday - I heard he threw down a forward clinic just after I left 8) ) with the last being White Rock - East Beach yesterday (Mar 20). There were a few over head high, thick, dumping, Oregon-coast-like waves out there in the hallow near the pier! :shock: We are doing our 'homework' (as best we can)! :wink: :D
nanmoo wrote:.. last years edition of the Oregon thread got way more action. Where is the up island and mainland contingent on this? What about Jellyfish? Admission is FREE folks! :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:
Alton has been promoting the AWT event for months now here on the mainland, so there are likely to be at least 10 mainlanders headed down for the event.

I have been jones'n for Oregon Coast since I left last summer :twisted: (even while in Maui in August - family trip :roll: ), timing is 'difficult - another family trip from June 28 onward :shock: :oops: , soooooo that leaves early to mid-June for me, or as Kus suggested in one of his posts, 'don't forget about September'. :wink:

:idea: I have set an intention, I will keep my options open, and I will watch the weather forecast, I will sail the Oregon coast again this year. The power of positive thinking! :wink: :D

I just hope there are some of the BWD crew there at the same time (especially Kus)!!! :wink: :D
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I've semi Officially set aside June 15 - to July whenever. Going to do the SUP contest, probably the Windsurf one too, then hang around until everyone comes down.
NickM

Post by NickM »

This comment has nothing to do with Oregon...

C36, those are some awesome shots from White Rock! I tried to snap a few pictures as I was leaving, but yours are way nicer :).
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

NickM wrote:This comment has nothing to do with Oregon...

C36, those are some awesome shots from White Rock! I tried to snap a few pictures as I was leaving, but yours are way nicer :).
Wow, that big concrete pipe section thing in the shore break looks hazardous! Why is that sitting there?
Tsawwassen

Post by Tsawwassen »

Wow, that big concrete pipe section thing in the shore break looks hazardous! Why is that sitting there?
Eats fins too, Dave had to do a repair job for me last year after I hit that thing. I wish they would get rid of it.

Looking forward to the Oregon coast trip again this year. As Dave said there should be a bunch of us from Vancouver going down. I'm planning on being there around the competition maybe a few days before and after.

Michael