Oregon Coast BWD Wavesailing Camp 2013

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Tsawwassen

Post by Tsawwassen »

Got to Westport at 6 just as the sun came out had a good 2 hour SUP session then drove to Seaside will SUP here in the morning and head to Flrorence. Forecast is looking good for Saturday at the Cape :D

http://thewindsurfer.com/?q=node/10768
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Made it to flo by 1:30am.
Give'R
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

In Flo now with D2.
Poultry in motion
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

one day of SUP, then a whole week of rippin winds and sun, nice :D swell is getting bigger too early next week....slay one for me boyz :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Be cautious around the locals in seaside... many are less than friendly.

Especially on days like this (This Tuesday):

Don't forget to bring a towel!
morewind

Post by morewind »

Just made a reserve for the 7:30pm Coho on Monday. I'm not 100% sure on my plans.

While I'd like to sail with our island gang in GB, the Flo forecast is looking pretty good for Tues -- 20-25 - might be hard to pass that up :D

Coast forecast is firing daily into at least Friday now :D
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Holy crap looks overly windy down there for the next week starting tomorrow. Sail safe!
morewind

Post by morewind »

Change of plans ... had to ditch my Coho reserve yesterday when our lunchtime BBQ drifted to 6pm...two growlers of Hoyne IPA made an appearance which also contributed to my demise :?

Regroup ... looking at the coast forecast I'm going to try for Newport tomorrow - it's the one place that gets rave reviews, but I've never hit it - Flo as a backup plan.

Any GB'ers thinking of heading N on Wed or Thurs? Pls post your plans (as if we can plan these things !)
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

I think BWD, doc and me are staying down here. Dwd and fish are heading north around the 4th for home.

We should be staying down here until the end of the week or into the weekend. Assuming we don't get totally blown off the water.

I think doc is out of here on Friday and I'm leaving Saturday.
Give'R
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

morewind wrote:looking at the coast forecast I'm going to try for Newport tomorrow - it's the one place that gets rave reviews, but I've never hit it - Flo as a backup plan.
don't think you can beat Flo with Newport, I have first hand experience with Newport and it gets windy and choppy crappy and is a loooong walk like Flo, the river has shifted the sandbar, you need to hurdle the obstacles, I can post a pana of the place now. As for South Beach jetty, I have not sailed there and when I tried it is a 3km walk, kinda like from the outhouse at Flo x 2 to the jetty....not sure who can do this unless you got a mule :shock: very disappointing. If you DO manage to go over the dune in the RV day use area and can get out, I can see this as being a pretty decent spot but reports are light winds here so it's a people/gear eater, I wouldn't do it on my own :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
morewind

Post by morewind »

KUS wrote:If you DO manage to go over the dune in the RV day use area and can get out, I can see this as being a pretty decent spot but reports are light winds here so it's a people/gear eater, I wouldn't do it on my own :idea:
Thanks for the info Kus :D -- yeah, I'm not into long walks either. I took a look last year and decided the walk from the jetty was undoable with windsurf gear -- so the South Beach park would be my choice.
The PDX windsurf group talks about the S beach jetty as epic when it's on -- side to side-off conditions.

The lack of any company on the water would definitely be a stopper for me. I'll take a look, it's only another 1 1/2 hrs to Flo.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Anyone interested in round two?

I have July 19 to August 12 which may or may not include a trip down to Punta San Carlos hitting up all the spots on the OR and CA coast on either end of the trip.
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

I will have july 27th to Aug 7. If im lucky from the 20th to the 7th. Coastal expeditions have priority.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Nobody else? :cry:
firstonlastoff

Post by firstonlastoff »

I could be in, given I wasn't there this week. (I was with my youngest at the Lake this past week, good for my son.) My attendance on SO coast would be approximately August 8th to 12th, weather dependent of course.