Oregon Coast BWD Wavesailing Camp 2013

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Probably head down around the 22nd-ish. I have no intention to sail in the wave bash. Maybe the sup contest...what days is that running?
Give'R
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I'll let you know when I find out the exact dates Mark.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
C36

Post by C36 »

nanmoo wrote:I've semi Officially set aside June 15 - to July whenever. Going to do the SUP contest, probably the Windsurf one too, then hang around until everyone comes down.
Nice to know there are likely to be some 'early birds' - with a little luck I might be one too! :wink: :D
NickM wrote:This comment has nothing to do with Oregon...

C36, those are some awesome shots from White Rock! I tried to snap a few pictures as I was leaving, but yours are way nicer :).
NickM: Thanks! 8) These were shot during my rigging frenzy before I took to the water (got lucky with the light).
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

SUP Contest portion of the AWT stop in Gold Beach is set to run June 18-23.

Looks like there are rumors they may hold some of the windsurfing in town as well this year. That could be interesting.
KC7777

Oregon

Post by KC7777 »

Nanmoo....

My wife keeps planning stuff for this July. She has never done that before?

My window is now Jun 27 - Jul 4 or Jul 8 - 19?

I guess you and I can hang out here cause Kus is never posting to this thread.

K
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

nanmoo wrote:How come Kus hasn't chimed in on this yet? Retired? Gave up? Picked up rollerblading?
Bocce actually...I am touched how some of you have anticipated my response to this thread.

Unfortunately, a trip that far south this year is not in my employer's plans for me this summer. I might sneak in a couple of days of Florence or the Gorge if I am lucky enough.....although you never know...

If any wind junkies are considering joining in on these trips, it's an experience of a lifetime and you shouldn't miss it. The Oregon Coast and its wind and waves will change the way you think about your life :idea:

Fair warning of nasty side effects (this is not an exhaustive list!):

-Extreme exposure to sunsets may fry your retinas and also cause increased alcohol consumption.
-Visits to certain fast food outlets may result in obesity and unwanted attention by local staff, jetty chicks or BillyBob.
-Repeated beach excursions will ensure semi-permanent sandy deposits in every orifice of your body, vehicle and sailing gear.
-Participants will likely be expulsed from the zero carbon footprint club.
-Prolonged or repeated visits to Oregon MAY cause severe conflict at work and in your family life.
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
downwind dave

Re: Oregon

Post by downwind dave »

KC7777 wrote:Nanmoo....

My wife keeps planning stuff for this July. She has never done that before?

My window is now Jun 27 - Jul 4 or Jul 8 - 19?

I guess you and I can hang out here cause Kus is never posting to this thread.

K
driving home on the 4th is quite an experience, the fireworks get going around 10 and don't stop till after midnight. Fish and i drove thru Portland right at the peak and it was pretty wild. traffic was light too, surprisingly. i think this is because in canada we travel to where the fireworks are; in the States people just blow off their own, wherever they feel like.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

That is sad news Kus. You are part of what makes the trips what they are and will be missed!

However, I must recant my statement and push foward with the trip despite Kus' absence to ensure that KC777's doesn't bail out.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

nanmoo wrote:That is sad news Kus. You are part of what makes the trips what they are and will be missed!
However, I must recant my statement and push foward with the trip despite Kus' absence to ensure that KC777's doesn't bail out.
I know, I know, you'll miss my select few bits of Canadiana rock music but it'll be okay, I'll burn you a disc of your favorites :D and it's time to pass the torch or the gavel as it were to those more stoked and able (to walk :roll: ) and that can keep up the heckling :wink:

or perhaps, as DWD notes, I'm just keeping my special dates & places to myself :twisted:
Wish less, sail more!!

winddude

Post by winddude »

Hoping to make the Pistol River Wave Bash. Gaven`t done it since the first year it was back, and I've got a few new moves since then... but the same gear... something's not right...

Would like to do Santa Cruz as well, but I'm just going to be getting settled in after a move, and think it'll be to tight.
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Last year I hit Santa Cruz and Oregon, but that was when the SC stop was April 29 - May 2. This year with it taking place at the start of June, you are looking at either staying down there for 3+ weeks to do both, or doing a hell of a lot of driving in June. Which sucks, because I would have liked to have gone to SC again, it was a great time, maybe even better than Pistol just because the location is a bit warmer and hospitable, and SC isn't quite the same dive as Gold Beach. Although I really like that about Gold Beach too.
KC7777

Oregon

Post by KC7777 »

KUS wrote:I know, you'll miss my select few bits of Canadiana rock music but it'll be okay, I'll burn you a disc of your favorites
Hey Kus,

You got any Nickelback CDs? I hear Nmoo loves that band.

Gonna miss the Kusschine up at Baker this weekend.

K
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

KC7777 wrote:
KUS wrote:I know, you'll miss my select few bits of Canadiana rock music but it'll be okay, I'll burn you a disc of your favorites
Hey Kus,
You got any Nickelback CDs? I hear Nmoo loves that band.
Gonna miss the Kusschine up at Baker this weekend.
K
yeha, he's got good taste, eh :D
I too will miss being at Baker, been thinking I could fit the 3 days...but couldn't....afford it... another $400....I'm officially broke from travelling lately, time to go back to work :idea:
Might just have enough for another training session you are again missing tho, ur gonna fail THAT class if you don't study, KC :!:

OK, will edit this now: Shit, why didn't I go skiing at Baker instead of waiting around for another fucking cancelled wind day :x :evil: :evil: :!:
Wish less, sail more!!

KC7777

Post by KC7777 »

KUS wrote:
Might just have enough for another training session you are again missing tho, ur gonna fail THAT class if you don't study, KC :!:

OK, will edit this now: Shit, why didn't I go skiing at Baker instead of waiting around for another fucking cancelled wind day :x :evil: :evil: :!:
Hey Kus,

No ability to "study" or do a training session for the Oregon "class" right now as I sold all my boards except for my 120L Hawk.

Re Baker today (Apr 13).....that is mid April......1 foot of new fresh and snowing. It felt like December up there. StickyTrees on chair 6 was deep, light and epic. Wish you were there.

K
Tsawwassen

Post by Tsawwassen »

Hey KC7777, I drove through the snow today going down to Whidbey Island.
This is a great place to practice for the Oregon coast and it's not much farther than Baker.