Waveriding

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
winddude

Post by winddude »

That's not on the books yet. Lol
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
GWIND

Long Beach

Post by GWIND »

Is it good. You tell me !
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (86.7 KiB) Viewed 3850 times
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Long Beach

Post by KUS »

GWIND wrote:Is it good. You tell me !
u can tell by the board/sail vintage how often it happens there 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
GWIND

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Post by GWIND »

So negative ? Yes LB can be intermittent, but even when there is only a few times in a day when you can punch thru the surf with power, it is worth the wait. Spring and early summer are best, but it can blow anytime in the year.

This website has become an asskicker project on how to belittle people a lot of the time. Not good. Perhaps that could stop. Winky faces, not so much. How bout smiley faces. Ouch, did I say that.
Ohhh. I'm blowing kisses
KC7777

Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Post by KC7777 »

GWIND wrote:So negative ? Yes LB.....

This website has become an asskicker project on how to belittle people a lot of the time. Not good. Perhaps that could stop. Winky faces, not so much. How bout smiley faces.
Yes. Best quote on bwd in a long time I think.

Ie "training wheels lake" stuff and making where you are sailing the only place to sail ie " one day on the Coast is worth 500 days at the lake".

It's just dick waving. And no one cares.

Thanks Gwind.
winddude

Post by winddude »

KC7777 wrote:
GWIND wrote:So negative ? Yes LB.....

This website has become an asskicker project on how to belittle people a lot of the time. Not good. Perhaps that could stop. Winky faces, not so much. How bout smiley faces.
Yes. Best quote on bwd in a long time I think.

Ie "training wheels lake" stuff and making where you are sailing the only place to sail ie " one day on the Coast is worth 500 days at the lake".

It's just dick waving. And no one cares.

Thanks Gwind.
That's just a matter of preference, I wouldn't go as far as to say 1 day on the coast is worth 500 at nitnat, but for me and my goals, maybe 5-10.
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

how about just avoid kiteboard discussion altogether? unless you have something kitey to add. :lol:
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

GWIND wrote: How bout smiley faces.
I feel...at least in part ....spoken to, likely due to KC's post since those are my quotes....

-please note my smiley face 8) and nice photo, I too have had a great day there, might have been the same one
-I or others didn't belittle anyone but thanks for the reminder, maybe it is the lack of wind that makes you edgy Gwind, some would consider it good, harmless fun
-I'm not waving my dick, KC, it isn't that big really, depends on your perspective I suppose, maybe it just seems big to some :?:
-personal preferences are just that, personal....so ....no smiley face :evil: the lake is an awesome place, no question world class, in a lot of aspects
-kiting can be really good here due to the sandy beaches you don't find everywhere else, just gotta watch the kids/surfers, eh DWD?

Hope you guys and gals all have an awesome day :D Keep smilin'
Wish less, sail more!!

KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Interestingly also ...because now i feel admittedly a bit defensive... I believe my post was: "As bwd says it is setting up for my 2 week'er, might be hitch hiking for it or behind a tow truck but a day on the O coast is worth 500 days elsewhere believe it! Life is short, plan it now, do it ASAP, no regrets "
which was intended as motivational and positive and nowhere did I reference "the lake", curious that leap and how we interpret things
Wish less, sail more!!

GWIND

BWD

Post by GWIND »

I wasn't picking on you Kuster. I just felt the site is getting a little rough on newcomers a lot of the time. We need to get new people involved, so let's treat them nice till they know us then..... We can abuse the hell out of them.
That's all
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

You're getting soft Gene.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

KC7777 wrote:
GWIND wrote: Ie "training wheels lake" stuff and making where you are sailing the only place to sail ie " one day on the Coast is worth 500 days at the lake".
It seems to me that windsurfing and kiteboarding represent a "culture". bigwavedave.ca has created a "community*". A key aspect of the culture for a healthy community is diversity. "Different strokes for different folks" [Sly and the Family Stone, 1968]. Different boards, different sails, different places, different styles, different harness lines, different beers. All good.

* Community (k&#601;&#712;myo&#862;on&#601;d&#275;/) noun : a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.
I wish my TOW was longer!
KC7777

Re: BWD

Post by KC7777 »

GWIND wrote:I wasn't picking on you Kuster. I just felt the site is getting a little rough on newcomers a lot of the time. We need to get new people involved, so let's treat them nice till they know us then..... We can abuse the hell out of them.
That's all
Hey Gwind.....

Keep it up.

Come over for a few beers this week to get your harness? We can sit around the pool and just be nice to each other.

K
juandesooka
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by juandesooka »

mortontoemike wrote: It seems to me that windsurfing and kiteboarding represent a "culture". bigwavedave.ca has created a "community*". A key aspect of the culture for a healthy community is diversity. "Different strokes for different folks" [Sly and the Family Stone, 1968]. Different boards, different sails, different places, different styles, different harness lines, different beers. All good.

* Community (k&#601;&#712;myo&#862;on&#601;d&#275;/) noun : a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.
And keep in mind that if it's all sunshine and lollipops, with everyone agreeing all the time, there wouldn't be as much to talk about. Because that's a part of the community too ... killing time in between TOW, and friends can have fun ribbing each other. I guess that's where the trouble started, because a newbie doesn't yet know who's joshing.

So back to the topics at hand: windsurfers are mostly grumpy old farts, kiters are brash obnoxious whippersnappers, Tofino information is online, surfers are kinda reluctant to talk about surf spots, I and others are jonesing for water time ... did I miss anything? :D
GWIND

Missing

Post by GWIND »

I'm not a fart.