Buying Sprinter Van and ideas for racking system

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Speaking of Top Gear.. did anyone notice the two dozen or so supercar-ish Audis parked at the Upper Crust racetrack coming back from Nitinat yesterday?
Don't forget to bring a towel!
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Saw two of these rolling around the South Island this weekend. It seems pretty low roof compared to the cab height. KC7's how high are the Whistler Creekside parkades? I think these would be pretty good in the snow too...
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (46.31 KiB) Viewed 3340 times
Give'R
winddude

Post by winddude »

nanmoo wrote:Speaking of Top Gear.. did anyone notice the two dozen or so supercar-ish Audis parked at the Upper Crust racetrack coming back from Nitinat yesterday?
All the high performance dealerships on the island joined together to create the track or something like that, http://islandmotorsportcircuit.com/about/
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

It's a private club some rich people built and the top tier memberships are being sold for $80-100k I've heard from a reliable source.

It's BYOC so I was surprised to see 20 or so Audi R8's ($160k MSRP) sitting there on Sunday.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Audi rented the track for all of April for testing. I was fortunate enough to listen to them until 10pm Thursday night. I can tell you those R8's are loud! Most days I can't hear the track. Thursday night I could hear it from inside my house.
Give'R
winddude

Post by winddude »

nanmoo wrote:It's a private club some rich people built and the top tier memberships are being sold for $80-100k I've heard from a reliable source.

It's BYOC so I was surprised to see 20 or so Audi R8's ($160k MSRP) sitting there on Sunday.
Most were s5 coupes, still 6 or so R8s. I think also if you buy some ridiculously priced merc, bmw etc., they'll take you up there for driver training. Maybe you go go back to Mercedes and convince them to let you with your sprinter.
Must ... Sail... More...
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

TheLaw wrote:Audi rented the track for all of April for testing. I was fortunate enough to listen to them until 10pm Thursday night. I can tell you those R8's are loud! Most days I can't hear the track. Thursday night I could hear it from inside my house.
Haha, that reminds me of when we lived on Bear Mountain and had to listen to Western Speedway all summer.
Winddude wrote:Most were s5 coupes, still 6 or so R8s.
Not when we went by, there was a long row of more than a dozen R8's as we stopped to check.
winddude

Post by winddude »

nanmoo wrote:
TheLaw wrote:Audi rented the track for all of April for testing. I was fortunate enough to listen to them until 10pm Thursday night. I can tell you those R8's are loud! Most days I can't hear the track. Thursday night I could hear it from inside my house.
Haha, that reminds me of when we lived on Bear Mountain and had to listen to Western Speedway all summer.
Winddude wrote:Most were s5 coupes, still 6 or so R8s.
Not when we went by, there was a long row of more than a dozen R8's as we stopped to check.
must be using kiter logic 15knots = 25 knots, 6 r8s = 12r8s. :lol:
Must ... Sail... More...
JL

Post by JL »

KC 7777 here is a nice looking Nissan: https://www.outsidevan.com/van/kodiak/ 8)
Thermals are good.
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

JL wrote:KC 7777 here is a nice looking Nissan: https://www.outsidevan.com/van/kodiak/ 8)
The purple anodized look is a bit 80s-90s but they have done a nice job of dressing up an otherwise ugly machine (IMO - these Nissans have that "butterface" look) into a convincing rig! Very cool!
Poultry in motion
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

You see the OSV prices these days... $40k USD for the basic model which is pretty much just upholstery not including the van. What I could do with $40k....
JL

Post by JL »

What :?:
Thermals are good.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Outsidevan

Post by bwd »

OSV used to be expensive, now they are just ridiculous:
https://www.outsidevan.com/how-it-works/

3 years ago when I got mine the dollar was at par and the base price was $15k USD for interior, bed, vents, bumper and wiring for adding solar later. I added solar, heat and water to mine. Now the prices have doubled and then add on 30% for the exchange. Plus the wait times seem to be 6-12 months instead of 1-2.

They did a decent job on mine but I wouldn't use them again, even for the same price. My bumper is rusting already and I have to get it sandblasted and re-powder coated. Their customer service has gone downhill in the last few years, and they took the bigwavedave van off their website :(

The only good thing is their vans are like houses in Vancouver now, if I sold mine used in the US I could get back what I paid for the for the van+conversion.
JL

Post by JL »

Thanks for the update Dave :shock:
Thermals are good.